Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find a rope light spiral tree?

Question Where can I find a rope light spiral tree?

For the past several months I have been looking for a rope light spiral tree. As I'm sure most of you know, they were EXTREMELY popular in the U.S. not so long ago. I lost mine in a blizzard several years ago (I should've taken them down- silly me!), but I had no idea they would be so hard to find, even now, when most people start purchasing Christmas decor for the season. Virtually all the spiral trees I have found on the market right now are of the inferior plastic frame with individual bulbs type, as sold by Sears, Walmart, Home Depot etc. I've tried them before and they simple don't last more than a season or two. I have found the rope light kind on many UK and Australian sites, apparently they are very popular in those countries, but the only American retailer I've found who sells them, AmericanSale, is selling them at the gouging price of $100 for 6', not including shipping!!

So if anyone knows where I can get them at a reasonable price I'd appreciate it. If you or anyone you know has one in good condition but doesn't use it, I'd love to buy it from you. I am looking for anything between 5 and 7 feet, single or double helix, led or not doesn't really matter. I am also looking for any color except clear/white. What I would love to find would be a double helix with one string red and one green, similar to this one from a British retailer:

but I'd also be happy to have one of any solid color or multi color combination.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by ChantelleJoy; 11-10-2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Approved - sorry, it was caught in the SPAM Filter

Try:

Christmas Lights and More

5215 E Sugarloaf Cir.

Mesa, AZ. 85215

Get Directions

Phone:

480-964-4084

1-866-445-4449 Toll Free

http://www.christmaslightsandmore.co...arge_p_22.html

Thanks, Marshmallow. I saw the one from Xmaslights and more, but thought it was white from the picture (didn't read the description closely enough, lol). Sadly, the ones from Walmart aren't ropelight, although they look like it tin the photos.

I know for a fact that Walmart has had the rope light trees in the past. Did you check the stores and on-line (Walmart)? What about drug stores like CVS or Walgreen's? We have a store here in Rockland County NY called the Christmas Tree Shop - maybe they have them. Depending upon where you live in Ct. - you may not be that far away.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

You're right ornamentmaven, they did. About 5-6 years ago you could find them EVERYWHERE. Target used to have absolutely wonderful spiral led trees made by Phillips. Not anymore. Ditto all other major retailers (I haven't checked CTS but will do so now, thanks for the suggestion and we do have them in CT). I've checked Amazon, and even Ebay and Craigslist for second-hand ones. Zero. Zip. Nada. Crossing my fingers that CTS has them...

Nope, no luck.

You know, I recall passing these kinds of decorations countless times in Home Depot and Sears but now, when I went to the respective websites, I couldn't find a single one to your specifications. It makes me wonder if they have done away with the whole "Rope light" design and now strictly make them with 'bulbs'. I would recommend that you head to your local stores and inquire about them. Some places, while they may not have them in stock, may order them for you.

Good luck!
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I think I found one you can buy online?
    http://festalight.en.alibaba.com/pro...ree_Frame.html
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

If you can find some malliable wire to make a self-supporting spiral perhaps you can improvise a tree with some light chains?

I liked those trees, in fact the whole modernist, minimalist, 'Space Age' christmas theme. But fashion is a relentless wheel... let's hope that the wheel turns full circle for you soon!
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.