Thread: Something is wrong (or right) with me this christmas...

Hybrid View

Something is wrong (or right) with me this christmas...

Every year I promise that I'll indulge myself less than the year before as it is good for me and I've reached the age where overindulgence is no longer fun. And every year I always end up buying those tempting treats because... well you never know, and it is Christmas... But this year appears to be different. Yesterday I WALKED BY THE CHRISTMAS AISLE WITHOUT BUYING ANYTHING! and that wasn't the first time. I've already got 'the basics' of Christmas sorted, and I seem to have lost the urge to want to stuff myself full of food and snacks. I wonder what it is? Is it some form of depression? because I don't feel depressed. Is it me listening to my body? Or is it me reaching the time of life where a relaxed, contemplative savouring has replaced the rush to excess.

My resolve may crack as The Day draws closer, or my efforts will be sabotaged by well meant gifts. But I live in hope that this may be the season when I'm not eating christmas food next February.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Probably your resolve will crack as Christmas draws near. I find myself getting a little less crazed about things as I get older.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas