Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GAME: Two Lies and a Truth

GAME: Two Lies and a Truth

GAME:
    This game is pretty simple but is fun and a good way to learn a little something about your forum mates. It is basically the reverse of pen and paper social game, "Two Truths and a Lie". People often run out of 'truths' so reversing it is a good way to add to its forum longevity.

HOW IT WORKS:

THE POSTER makes three 'presumably' true statements on the thread. THE FORUM MEMBERS then reply to the post with which of the three statements they believe is true. After all three possibilities have been suggested, THE POSTER says which of the three is accurate and the FORUM MEMBER who guess correctly posts the next three statements.

Fell free to make your statements as vanilla or creative as you wish.

---example---

a. I have taken the duty as mall Santa
    b. I have served as mayor of my town
    c. I own an electronics store

Mary takes A.
    Bill takes B.
    Jim takes C.

I HAVE TAKEN THE DUTY AS MALL SANTA, Mary is correct.

Mary then posts three statements.
    -------------
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I will go first and take a little celebrity theme here.

A. My girlfriend, a native of the Colombian capital of Bogota, is second cousins with actor/comedian John Leguizamo. I have met him, through her, a dozen or more times.

B. My Family are family friends of the Bongiovi family. My grandfather and John Bongiovi were good friends up until his death and would often visit with one another. John Bongiovi's son, John Bongiovi Jr., is musician Jon Bon Jovi.

C. I am distantly related through my grandfather, wood pile cousins as they say, to Frank Sinatra.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I would guess B?

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I also guess B

Well, normally I would wait till all three answers have been selected but beings the first two got it right off the bat (I should make my liesmore convincing next time!!)

My Girlfriend and Leguizamo are both originally from Bogota Columbia but is no relation. It is often a joke among old timers to claim relation to New Jersey's favorite son, Frank Sinatra.

B. is Correct. My Grandfather and John Sr. were good friends till my Grandfather died back in 2000.

Silver Bells (as you guessed correctly first) , it is your turn.

A.When I was 3 years old I managed to unlock the door and left the house wearing just a diaper to go to the park with a ft of snow all around Mom freaked out.

B. I met the Hollywood actress Nia Vardalos while she was filming on location near my house. (at an ancient site, for the film "My Life in Ruins"). <----- Bad, bad movie

C.I met my hubby when I was 12 years old and he was 14!!!

Merry Snowy Christmas

gosh, this is tough since any of these could be true but I will go with A. because I also took off for a an adventure to who knows where when I was 3. My mother, who didn't even know I was gone, was shocked when a stranger knocked on our front door with me in tow. so..

A.

I'll go with B

I'll go with C. I am a hopeless romantic.

Well Steph you're next

The correct answer is A. Steph a teenager held me like a sack of potatoes, brought me home and said to my mom "I think this baby belongs here"

As for the rest of the answers they were partly true. Nia Vardalos was filmling on location near my hometown but never met her. And I was 14 when I met my hubby and he was 16 1/2

Merry Snowy Christmas