Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: CrazyMike's Christmas in Canada 2012

Hi everyone Saturday was a good day as I started to get the tree set up. There were about 30 dead bulbs that I had to fix, other than that everything is moving along smoothly... that is as smooth as setting up a 12 foot tree can go lol. I am hoping to put in a solid 5 hours tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    Hi everyone Saturday was a good day as I started to get the tree set up. There were about 30 dead bulbs that I had to fix, other than that everything is moving along smoothly... that is as smooth as setting up a 12 foot tree can go lol. I am hoping to put in a solid 5 hours tomorrow
    wow,now the season has officially begun
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Sorry for not posting earlier. That tree is such a beast to set up and every year it gets more and more complicated. I am going to be cursing myself when the time comes to take the tree down Lol. Pictures coming a little later

Oh Mike - Bella is bella!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

OM, SO SO glad to see you back on ATC! I know a lot of us have been very concerned about you.

Mike, I feel that way with just my 7 1/2 ft tree. I can't imagine doing a 12 footer. but.. I'm happy to have YOU be the one to do all that work and ME (or us at ATC) be the one(s) who get to enjoy all your amazing pics, (I'd insert a grinning elf here, but don't seem to have access anymore)

Well I am 18 hours in and all of the mini lights are done and the star has been mounted. Tomorrow I will finish the twinkle lights, add the ornamotors, anchor the tree, and start on the ornaments

IMG_0454.jpg

Bella looking concerned about me on the ladder

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

Getting ready to mount the star

IMG_0465.jpg

The star !!!
    Last edited by Crazymike1965; 11-06-2012 at 02:02 AM.

It was another productive day. The lights are completely done, ornamotors are set up and tied down. I have also anchored the tree and done a stress test. I shake the tree to make sure it will not come crashing down. I also check the temperature of the tree with all the lights on for 2 hours with a laser thermonitor. I have brought up most of the decorations and will start to decorate tomorrow. Lots of pictures coming

looking good, Mike