Thread: A Christmas Story 2 this TUESDAY (USA)

A Christmas Story 2 this TUESDAY (USA)

Anyone else as excited as I am for this release? I know there was a pseudo-Christmas Story sequel when Ralphie was played by Makuly Culkin's little brother, and he was obsessed with tops and all that, but obviously it wasn't about Christmas.

I'm really excited to go buy this Blu-Ray and add it to my collection of holiday favorites. Whether it lives up to the original to me is irrelevant because the original is not just a holiday classic, but it's a Cinematic classic that holds it's own against many of the classic films of all time. I'm just excited to see the story of Ralphie and his family be brought back.

It comes out this Tuesday October 30th in the U.S. I'm not certain about international release dates however.

Thanks for the heads up!

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. ~Charles Dickens

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I saw the DVD in the store the other day. I'm going to wait until the reviews are in. I didn't have a good feeling about when I looked at the box. Has anybod seen it yet?

If there is one thing I know about some holiday movies, you can't always go by the reviews. Either way, I got it the day it came out, and I really enjoyed it. I think it's a great movie and I'm happy to have it in my collection. It's not as good as the first, obviously, but on its own it is a solid holiday movie.

There's a sequel? Ut oh! Although I'm still youngish (27!), I always make it a point to watch the regular Christmas Story on TBS marathon. Brings back some awesome memories from childhood with family and such. I'm too skeptical and stuck in my ways to see this new one :P

Saw it in the store a few days ago and almost purchased it - bought a gift instead!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Just bought this movie, looking foward to watching it!