Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Was Bored With My Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    My oldest grandchild is sixteen.

I guess I was worried. I just want everyone to enjoy the tree when they come over to exchange gifts. I hope they like it enough when it's done even if it is Jim Shore. I'm the kind of person who wants everyone to have a good time. I want everything to be perfect....silly me. At my age, you'd think I'd have more sense than that! Maybe you guys are helping me get my head on straight.
    Are they coming to see your tree or are they coming to see you it makes a difference. I think they are coming to see you. ONly you can be represented through your tree. I am sure they know your likes and dilikes and will find your tree beautiful in its own way! so go for the tree of your dreams. Jim shore is wonderful. after all the tree is decoration and you are a unique loveable creation of GOd!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    Are they coming to see your tree or are they coming to see you it makes a difference. I think they are coming to see you. ONly you can be represented through your tree. I am sure they know your likes and dilikes and will find your tree beautiful in its own way! so go for the tree of your dreams. Jim shore is wonderful. after all the tree is decoration and you are a unique loveable creation of GOd!
    I agree. I like to look at other people's trees when I go viset, but I'm not going to their house to see the tree, I'm going to see them (and hopefully load up on great food)
    From what I know of you Marshmallow World, you sound EXACTLY like the kind of person I would like to spend Christmas with! We would probably spend the day talking about ornaments.

I was bored with this tree.

I think your tree was beautiful. I love trees with lots of color. I've never used beaded garland, but I have to say, that this picture makes me want to!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I think your tree was beautiful. I love trees with lots of color. I've never used beaded garland, but I have to say, that this picture makes me want to!
    Thanks...my mood changes from year to year. I loaned the beads to our youngest for Christmas 2008 and I don't remember getting them back. Christmas 2008 I did this:

http://www.allthingschristmas.com/fo...13&postcount=7

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Thanks...my mood changes from year to year. I loaned the beads to our youngest for Christmas 2008 and I don't remember getting them back. Christmas 2008 I did this:

http://www.allthingschristmas.com/fo...13&postcount=7
    I like this one, too. The flowers remind me of snow. I've never thought of using flowers. You have a flair!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I like this one, too. The flowers remind me of snow. I've never thought of using flowers. You have a flair!
    Thank you! But I'm not so sure that I have a flair like my daughter does; I just have occasional bouts of inspiration. These are some of the ornaments on the 2008 tree:

Different! I see what you mean about these ornaments having more character and being more you. (You must have one heck of a storage area, for your changing moods! ) I'm glad you got to do it the way you envisioned it. Did your family eventually come around to liking the new look?

The clock ornament is cool...

Different! I see what you mean about these ornaments having more character and being more you. (You must have one heck of a storage area, for your changing moods! ) I'm glad you got to do it the way you envisioned it. Did your family eventually come around to liking the new look?
    My thirteen-year-old granddaughter liked the flower garland a lot. No one else said anything.

As for the storage area....I think I need someone from HGTV to make me get rid of stuff. But everytime I do get rid of stuff, my youngest daughter tells me I got rid of the wrong stuff!