Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Was Bored With My Tree

If I could find enough of them I would do a special tree in our bedroom with lighthouse ornaments on it I love light houses. I found a 6' prelit tree at big lots for $30.00 I might pick one up before new years to do up in our bedroom next year. I really love the old artificial tree I have been using for years so I will keep using him!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Thanks...I'm hoping she'll change her mind. I may not be as good at tree decorating as she is, but I'll try. And I'm a little bit country...two of my kids don't like that. No one likes Jim Shore except me. Two of our girls collect Willow Tree.

There's nothing wrong with country...Especially if it reflects what you like. I love Jim Shore! His Disney and Halloween collections are my favorites of course What lovely pics! Thanks for sharing with us.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I say it's your tree, do what you want. I said in the tinsel thread that I don't like tinsel on my tree, but I like it on other people's. It all depends on the look you are going for. You said you're a little bit country, so I'm guessing your whole house is decorated country. If that is the case, your new tree should fit in perfectly.

:tree: Try a theme based tree for lots of compliments

Hi, this is Lisa. Have you thought of a theme for your tree? For example, if you like angels or santas, work on finding all kinds of ornaments with that theme. It really made my tree the envy of many. I would find several ornaments that were similar and different from the theme and I had a cute angel themed tree. If I can find it, I'll find you the website of some ornaments. I am not allowed to post a site on the first post, so I'll have to find it and write back.

I really like that angel Marshmallow World

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

Quote Originally Posted by ladyice View Post
    I really like that angel Marshmallow World
    The blue and white one? Thanks. That's the first Jim Shore angel that I got and she's my favorite so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Hi, this is Lisa. Have you thought of a theme for your tree? For example, if you like angels or santas, work on finding all kinds of ornaments with that theme. It really made my tree the envy of many. I would find several ornaments that were similar and different from the theme and I had a cute angel themed tree. If I can find it, I'll find you the website of some ornaments. I am not allowed to post a site on the first post, so I'll have to find it and write back.
    My main theme is Jim Shore/Heartwood Creek. I think I now have all the ornaments I need. I mail ordered some that should arrive fairly soon. One of our daughters has a nice snowman tree.

Don't worry about others opinions on your tree- as long as you love it that is all that matters. If your kids are younger you might want to consider getting them a small tree for their room that they can decorate how ever they wish. My parents did this for us and we absolutely loved it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by k nielsen View Post
    Don't worry about others opinions on your tree- as long as you love it that is all that matters. If your kids are younger you might want to consider getting them a small tree for their room that they can decorate how ever they wish. My parents did this for us and we absolutely loved it!!!
    My oldest grandchild is sixteen.

I guess I was worried. I just want everyone to enjoy the tree when they come over to exchange gifts. I hope they like it enough when it's done even if it is Jim Shore. I'm the kind of person who wants everyone to have a good time. I want everything to be perfect....silly me. At my age, you'd think I'd have more sense than that! Maybe you guys are helping me get my head on straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    The blue and white one? Thanks. That's the first Jim Shore angel that I got and she's my favorite so far.
    Yes, it's very nice

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ