Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Was Bored With My Tree

Unhappy I Was Bored With My Tree

I was bored with this tree. Last year I bought this new tree and couldn't afford the kind of ornaments I really like, so I bought really cheap ones at Walmart. Now I'm getting new ornaments that I like and my daughter says that she doesn't like them. I feel really blue because I expected people to love the new look I'm trying to achieve. I want the tree to be a reflection of who I am, but I want the family to love it.

This was last year's tree:

[/QUOTE]

I think it lacked personality.

Awww, don't let them get you down...I'm sure your tree this year will be lovely! I liked your tree from last year, but I see why you were unhappy; it is very basic and doesn't have a real personalized touch. Keep your head up Linda!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

aww Well maybe she will like them better on the tree

Don't worry, I am sure it will work out

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

I like your tree and the colors. I like the way you draped your beaded garland, it gives it a very nice touch.
    The only thing I would suggest would be more lights. Just a suggestion, please do not think I'm being critical.

But you do what you want and what you like. It is your personalize touch that makes it unique.

(((((((hugs)))))

I love your tree MW. It is beautiful A tree is not judged by how many decorations it has; but by how much love a family has for it and each other during the holidays I feel that a tree becomes a time capsule that captures Christmas memories and the joy over the years

Quote Originally Posted by noelglori View Post
    I like your tree and the colors. I like the way you draped your beaded garland, it gives it a very nice touch.
    The only thing I would suggest would be more lights. Just a suggestion, please do not think I'm being critical.

But you do what you want and what you like. It is your personalize touch that makes it unique.

(((((((hugs)))))
    I'm glad you like the beaded garland. That was the best part of the whole tree. I didn't put it on either. The daughter who doesn't like my new ornaments put it on! Isn't that ironic?

I think your suggestion about more lights is right on, but I hate putting lights on. That's why I bought a pre-lit tree. Thanks for telling me though. Now I know that someone is listening to me and cares enough to make a suggestion.

So I have a different tree topper(a Jim Shore angel), my Jim Shore ornaments from a little tree I did last year, and some dark red ornaments. I've also ordered some ornaments. I'm planning to put floral garland on the tree instead of the beads.

My Jim Shore ornaments:

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    I love your tree MW. It is beautiful A tree is not judged by how many decorations it has; but by how much love a family has for it and each other during the holidays I feel that a tree becomes a time capsule that captures Christmas memories and the joy over the years
    But that's the tree my daughter likes, and she doesn't like the changes I want to make.

Sorry that you are in such a difficult situation Linda

Linda, as much as you want to please your daughter just remember that it's your Christmas tree and will be up in your house all season long. If you have some new ornaments that you love and are excited to use, by all means put them up. Your daughter may like the overall product in the end anyway...Ornaments can look very different when placed on the tree.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Linda, as much as you want to please your daughter just remember that it's your Christmas tree and will be up in your house all season long. If you have some new ornaments that you love and are excited to use, by all means put them up. Your daughter may like the overall product in the end anyway...Ornaments can look very different when placed on the tree.
    Thanks...I'm hoping she'll change her mind. I may not be as good at tree decorating as she is, but I'll try. And I'm a little bit country...two of my kids don't like that. No one likes Jim Shore except me. Two of our girls collect Willow Tree.