Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware the Frankenstorm!

We have a gas stove, so unless something goes wrong with the gas lines (rare), we are good for heating food. We also have gas heat, however the ignition/thermostats are electric - so no heat without electric. We are stocked up on firewood however.

Rain is starting to come down harder and the wind is picking up! The worst is supposed to hit us later today. We'll see
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

thanks everyone! it will be an interesting night. hope we dont lose power!

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

it's raining here and windy but,if i lose power we will be at my neighbors home as they have a woodstove and a generator which runs most of theirhome so we will be safe and sound not to worry.Everyone else out there please stay safe.imagesCA8J19QD.jpg

The storm is really big news here in Sweden, and we keep us update to see whats happening.
    Take care everyone who is affected!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Definitely weird to be here in MN and not have ANY bad effects of this huge storm! Prayers to all on the east coast.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

hope everyone is ok
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

CQ CQ CQ... (that's amateur radio speak) is everyone OK?
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

I'm ok, thank you all for your concern! The winds and the howling are things I'll not forget anytime soon. At times, I felt like the windows were going to blow out at any moment. Of course, it wasn't as strong as it would be had I been closer to the beaches or down south or in the islands; now I have an idea of what those folks deal with regularly. But it's truly amazing how much of an area Sandy impacted - hundreds of miles up and down the northeast, etc.

Nevertheless, I'm glad my area fared well for the most part. Lots of downed trees - but that's to be expected. Some family members did experience flooding in their homes as well as power outages - and not even that far from me!

The real headache for me is getting to/from work - there is still a lot of power out throughout the city. And of course, the trains are only starting to run again but not all of them, and not all routes. Buses are super packed even very early in the morning. We also have a gas shortage due to power outages and damage to some gas stations.

My heart goes out to those affected much much worse than me - lots of houses destroyed, it's truly heart breaking.

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

It was a lot bigger than any of us had expected. Sadly, the shore (vacation) house we own in Belmar was destroyed. I haven't even had a chance to head down there and with lines for gasoline stretching over a mile (waited 4 hours yesterday for $20 dollars worth of fuel) I think I am gonna be conserving gas for a while. On the home front we moving along. The power was out for about 4 days and the house is a little beat up but it will all come back together soon enough.

Terrible terrible situation all around.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK
    It rained and no one came to my door to trick or treat *sigh*, Frankenstorm? Go figure...