Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware the Frankenstorm!

Beware the Frankenstorm!

Batten down the hatches all you East Coasters and buy what you can! The Frankenstorm is coming! We who won't be affected by the storm will be thinking of you and wishing you well.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Thanks Mole. I am dreading this storm after what Huricane Irene did to my village last year!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Thanks. I hope we're prepared...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

we are prepared here and set as i have my pantry stocked,batteries and plenty of candles as i go to yankee candle alot so my home always smells good and i'm on the top floor everyone stay safe.154224_305757819537928_607708290_n.jpg

Wishing you all well and I hope you don't sustain too much damage,( hopefully none ) will be thinking of you all...
    Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Wishing you all well and I hope you don't sustain too much damage,( hopefully none ) will be thinking of you all...
    Same here...

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I just finished securing the yard, putting flower pots, garden figurines, wind chimes, rakes and lawn chairs away. I even took down most of my Halloween decorations. Inside we stocked up on ice, water, canned foods, candles, batteries, matches and firewood. Have all needed meds. The center of the storm is supposed to hit southern New Jersey - maybe Asbury Park area. My younger daughter is in southern New Jersey right now with her boyfriend. Hope they stay safe! The storm is massive - most of New England, all of New York State, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc. We seem to loose our power every time we have a big storm as we live in a heavily treed area. The power company took down alot of trees this summer - so let's hope that helps. Thanks for your thoughts. If you don't see me on here, you'll know we lost power!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Here's hoping your mobile and internet remain connected. Remember that if the signal is patchy or the network overloaded, sometimes a text message (SMS) can get through when a call can't conect as SMS uses less/spare capacity. You sound well prepared OM, altough I wonder what you would use to heat your canned food or boil water with, hopefully you have a butane gas stove, and spare cylinders, and refillable butane gas lighters to light the stove (unlike matches they can be used again and again) Let's hope that it's not as bad as the forecasters fear.
    Last edited by Moley; 10-29-2012 at 10:31 AM.

To all posters who are in the path of the storm ... stay safe ...

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFairy View Post
    To all posters who are in the path of the storm ... stay safe ...
    Yes, as above.....please stay safe......
    Merry Christmas to all...