Thread: Elfster

Hybrid View

Elfster

Hey gang,

I am not one to throw out advertisements for sites or anything like that but a couple of years ago we decided to make use of this website called "Elfster" ( www.elfster.com ) I come from a large family, and with quasi-in-laws (the in-laws of brothers, sisters, and cousins) sharing our christmases, the gift giving becomes rather overwhelming. My sister fell upon this site one day and Christmas has been that much easier (one gift!)

Its like an online secret Santa that doubles as Social Media (ie. Facebook or Myspace type thing) A bunch of people join the 'event' and, at a specified point, the event randomly attaches people (you may get your cousin, your cousin may get your brother, your brother may get your girlfriend, etc) You then, as the secret Santa, get to pose anonymous questions to your selection. As a selection, you can post interests to the 'wall' or link specific products to amazon, best buy, etc.

Basically, it is an online Secret Santa with a number of tools available to you. It even gives you lists of trending gifts for sex, age, relationship status which help the undecided buyer.

I'd recommend this for anyone with a large family or office-coworkers .. something like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens