Thread: Favorite 'Animagic' film

Favorite 'Animagic' film

To me, few things say Christmas as much as Arthur Rankin, Jr. and Jules Bass. If the name doesn't strike you, they are the duo who created all of these stop-motion holiday classics like "The Year Without a Santa Claus" and "Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey". Year in and year our I will watch dozens of these films (thanks to ABC Family) and I can't get enough.

I've always been mesmerized by them, part live action part cartoon, they were basically singing and dancing 'toys' that told a story. The Heroes were noble and the Villains were scary. I've loved them since childhood and even now, 30+ years old, I make it a point to atleast have them playing while I decorate.

Does anyone have a favorite?
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

For me it always was "The Leprechauns' Christmas Gold"
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Gotta go with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Hard to beat the granddaddy of 'em all! Although, let it be known that we have ALL the Rankin-Bass collection on DVD.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!