Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of sad stories

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States

Lots of sad stories

Seems to be a run of negativity on the forum recently. I just want you all to know I am saying a prayer for each and every one of you. I pray that things will improve, and you are able to embrace and rejoice as this holiday season approaches. With a group such as this, who so deeply loves Christmas time, and all that it brings, I believe no one deserves happiness more than you all! As it happens, my life, work, and family are enjoying a very positive and uplifting time. I feel a bit guilty talking about it, but I just want you all to know I hope for the best for everyone. At the same time, I must remember not to take my situation for granted. My wish is for us ALL to have a wonderful holiday season as it draws closer and closer!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

beautiful said Mike,I absolutely agree with everything and I hope things will get better for all the ones who is passing through difficult time.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

That's beautifully said, Mike
    I wish all things would get better for us all..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    ...I feel a bit guilty talking about it, but I just want you all to know I hope for the best for everyone. At the same time, I must remember not to take my situation for granted. My wish is for us ALL to have a wonderful holiday season as it draws closer and closer!
    Don't feel guilty Mike. Such is life. We all have our ups and downs. We all work hard and try to do the best for our families. We have to savor the good times and appreciate it as much as we can.
    I too wish us all a Wonderful Holiday Season.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Mike, you are so incredibly kind! I was going to start a thread called Blue Christmas.

Songwriters: BLANE, RALPH/MARTIN, HUGH(words & music by billy hayes - jay johnson)
    Ill have a blue christmas without you
    Ill be so blue just thinking about you
    Decorations of red on a green christmas tree
    Wont be the same dear, if you're not here with me

And when those blue snowflakes start falling
    That's when those blue memories start calling
    Youll be doin all right, with your christmas of white
    But I'll have a blue, blue blue blue christmas

(instrumental break)

Youll be doin all right, with your christmas of white,
    But I'll have a blue, blue christmas

I don't know how this Christmas will turn out, but I was thinking about how much I'll miss my husband. I've spent every single Christmas since 1969 with him and I was remembering the pale blue wool coat with a gray mink collar that he gave me that first Christmas together. That sounds like we had money! We were living in a one bedroom apartment for about $100 a month and we were both working. Our only car was a little blue Volkswagen. And we had hand-me-down and borrowed furniture!

Anyway, because of your kindness, I'm not going to start that thread. Thank you!

What a wonderful post Mike. I totally agree.

Thanks for the great post Mike!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Seems to be a run of negativity on the forum recently. I just want you all to know I am saying a prayer for each and every one of you. I pray that things will improve, and you are able to embrace and rejoice as this holiday season approaches. With a group such as this, who so deeply loves Christmas time, and all that it brings, I believe no one deserves happiness more than you all! As it happens, my life, work, and family are enjoying a very positive and uplifting time. I feel a bit guilty talking about it, but I just want you all to know I hope for the best for everyone. At the same time, I must remember not to take my situation for granted. My wish is for us ALL to have a wonderful holiday season as it draws closer and closer!
    Mike, thank you from the bottom of my heart, for all your kind words.
    I wish you all the happiness of the world, for you and your family..

Well, that thread of yours, gave me an idea..
    Maybe we could all use this one, to write and share with each other, everything that bothers us, for example, I know and feel guilty for that, that there are lots of my posts about my bad situation, in threads that are supposed to have happy and joyful messages...
    I feel a bit guilty that I share with you all these problems I face with my life, so, maybe I could use that thread for everything I wanna share with you (Greece situation etc..).
    I would never want to spoil that beautiful Christmas spirit we've all created in every thread, in every post.
    Thank you again, dear friend for your concern.
    Last edited by olga; 10-15-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Well said mike as there are many sad things going on around us as my life has been going great we are enjoying our new life but,my rescues have been having it hard as we are getting so full and so many have needed alot of medical attention which means large vet bills but,we are hanging in there.Olga as i'm so sorry i know things aren't too good there as we say a prayer in church for all those who may be struggling out here.Let's all pray for things to get better for everyone.0285.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    That's beautifully said, Mike
    I wish all things would get better for us all..
    Nice post Mike ......... and yes I hope things will eventually get better for myself and all of us who are going through a difficult time in our lives