Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's here! (updated 2012 Christmas display content)

Beautiful. I'd wanna live in there

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I'm glad you like it, and I'm pleased to have bought a christmas tingle to you via the miracle of the internet. Feel free to spread the link across the community of christmas forums, I'm sure that some of you must be on more than one!

Don't you have bigger stores and displays in the USA?! If so could you post a link to them?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    I'm glad you like it, and I'm pleased to have bought a christmas tingle to you via the miracle of the internet. Feel free to spread the link across the community of christmas forums, I'm sure that some of you must be on more than one!

Don't you have bigger stores and displays in the USA?! If so could you post a link to them?
    I'm sure we must but I don't know of any that do up the whole store so elaborately and beautifully with all Christmas related things or that have such well done videos such as the ones that your store has. Not saying they don't exist; just that I am not aware of any.

not sure if this will work but this is a famous Christmas store in Michigan, the state I was born in and lived 40+ years in and would you believe it, I NEVER went to Bronner's but I did make it to Frankenmuth once. www.bronners.com
    Last edited by steph535; 10-16-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    not sure if this will work but this is a famous Christmas store in Michigan, the state I was born in and lived 40+ years in and would you believe it, I NEVER went to Bronner's but I did make it to Frankenmuth once. www.bronners.com
    amazing,I have so many places to visit on my list
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Quote Originally Posted by *Snowflake* View Post
    amazing,I have so many places to visit on my list
    I'm very glad you liked it, Snowflake. There was a really nice Christmas shop, about an hour's drive north of me, here in Florida, although not nearly as big as Bronners. It had about four buildings, I think. A friend took me there several years ago and it was nice, but not great, although I did buy a few ornaments there. The reason it was not great is that, unbeknownst to me, it had been in decline for some time, due to financial woes and has since gone out of business. I wish there was some nice Christmas place still our area.

I'm suprised that has happened. Even in tough times people want to escape into christmas. The Keydell is the only display of that size that I know of in central southern england. There are other garden centres that have christmas displays but not to that scale.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    I'm suprised that has happened. Even in tough times people want to escape into christmas. The Keydell is the only display of that size that I know of in central southern england. There are other garden centres that have christmas displays but not to that scale.
    unfortunately, I think this particular place went out of business due to the owner hiring a manager or something that did a lousy job and ran the place into the ground, according to the news stories at the time, in addition to the economic downturn. I regret that I did not hear they were going out of business until too late; I could have picked up a gorgeous artificial tree for a song. but, no matter; I have a very lovely tree anyway

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    I'm very glad you liked it, Snowflake. There was a really nice Christmas shop, about an hour's drive north of me, here in Florida, although not nearly as big as Bronners. It had about four buildings, I think. A friend took me there several years ago and it was nice, but not great, although I did buy a few ornaments there. The reason it was not great is that, unbeknownst to me, it had been in decline for some time, due to financial woes and has since gone out of business. I wish there was some nice Christmas place still our area.
    that's sad
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

I finally got to see it in real life. WOW! Though in my case it was a bit like trying to pour a lot of liquid through a narrow opening into a small vessel. I had to go and sit down, it was a bit too much for me and I felt quite emotional at the end of it all...
    Last edited by Moley; 10-22-2012 at 09:43 AM.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.