Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Christmas Album or Compilation?

What is your favorite Christmas Album or Compilation?

I thought I would start this thread because I couldn't find one like it. I would love to share my favourites and hear about others. Maybe there are some awesome albums out there that I'm not aware of!

So I'm currently obsessed with Michael Buble's Album from last year. I also have a great Frank Sinatra album, and a three disc compilation of instrumental Christmas music. It's big band and jazz and something else I can't remember. It has pretty much every Christmas song ever and it's great background for a party. I also do have a guilty pleasure for Glee Christmas. The one with the Klaine duet...but don't judge me .

I really can't name just one that I like above all others. And my taste seems to be different from most people's. I suppose it's all what a person grows up with. My parents had classical Christmas music, so that is what I like best. I love the album, "Joy to the World" by the Roger Wagner Chorale. I know it's old, but it's still just as beautiful as it was many years ago. I also love The Robert Shaw Chorale, The Kings' Singers, Chanticleer and many others. And you can't get better than Handel's "Messiah." I have 3 or 4 versions but my favorite of those is one with Dame Joan Sutherland that I think was originally released in 1962. absolutely glorious! I have other favorites but you asked for one and I have certainly gone well beyond that already.

I'm fine with as many as people want to list. The more the better. This is something that I was never exposed to. I've listened to classical music, but not classical Christmas, I'll have to check it out.

I like johnny mathis xmas songs

for God loved the world so much, that He gave His only begotten Son.......

Ever since I was very young I LOVED The Carpenters Christmas collection & was so excited some years back when my mom bought me the two disc set.....my favorite I listen to it over & over!

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. ~Charles Dickens

I love A Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack, and Vince Guaraldi (jazz musician/pianist) as well!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I enjoy my Charlie Daniels "Christmas Time Down South" album as well as my Beach Boys Christmas Album
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Michale Buble's album
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Quote Originally Posted by *Snowflake* View Post
    Michale Buble's album
    I like this man, singing Christmas
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Andrea Bocelli's "My Christmas"

Its got fantastic collaborations with Mary J. Blige, Natalie Cole, and Reba McEntire. I love it.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens