Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast

Thread: Plans for the Weekend?

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    we are planning some christmas shopping today..then relax in the afternoon watching a christmas movie..

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    going to relax today and watch a few christmas movies..

Seeing if there is anything else we can bring in for the shed.......Christmas is Coming...
    Merry Christmas to all...

More gardening and basement oirganizing
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

If I don't finish raking before then, I'll be doing that. No raking today because it is so cold and snowing. The oaks still have many of their leaves in place, but all other trees are bare. I will also be finalizing my Thanksgiving menu
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Since I blew off yesterday's work to go see my Grandsons and their fellow Scouts in a ceremony honoring our nations veterans,
    and to keep rolling with the Christmas decorations. My last weekend has just ended not thinking about the next one just yet.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Planning on doing nothing...all decorating is done, going to sit and enjoy looking at it..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Do some extra decoration, home.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Well the Study, The Train Room and the Front Entry(Snowman Land) are all done, not sure if I'll start on the Kitchen or the Living Room tomorrow.

I'm definitely stoked for another weekend of decorating.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

My son and I will most likely been putting the tree up and maybe the nativity. you would think we would be thrilled, since we love Christmas and all the decorations but our dislike for the hassle is almost as great as our love for the finished product. Many would agree that putting the lights on a tree is the worst part. So, we have a prelit tree, and it is beautiful but, we like a lot of lights so we have to add some. and since I like lights close to the trunk, it is a major pain in the rear. I would like to be able to just say, let's not add any this year, the tree is beautiful the way it is, and leave it at that. but, no, I will sit here staring at the tree and it will drive me insane knowing that it could look even better if we put the extra lights on. and it's even harder to add lights to a prelit tree, especially when you are trying to put them deeper inside the tree, because all those wires are in the way. I can't say how much I admire all the people who can get their tree and house all decorated within a day or two. but, I have to get it done because I couldn't bear to just not put it up at all. It takes me a very long time because I don't have the stamina I once did, I get frustrated very easily, and I am too much a perfectionist.