Page 16 of 202 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your mind?

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for all the thoughts and concern. We had no power for 6 days! Actually I live on the NY/NJ border about 20 miles from NYC. Not really in the mountains - they didn't get it so bad up there! We had trees down everywhere and SUPER long gas lines. Our tree fell on our neighbor's house and did some damage (I feel so bad). We were freezing without heat- even my little dog was cold! Some people are still without power. My daughter's friend has been staying with us as we, at least, have a fireplace! Glad it's over - but a nor'easter (a vicious storm that hugs the coastline and comes straight north) is heading our way on Wednesday with winds up to 60 miles per hour and snow or freezing rain! I really hope we catch a break with that one!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Hi everyone. Thanks so much for all the thoughts and concern. We had no power for 6 days! Actually I live on the NY/NJ border about 20 miles from NYC. Not really in the mountains - they didn't get it so bad up there! We had trees down everywhere and SUPER long gas lines. Our tree fell on our neighbor's house and did some damage (I feel so bad). We were freezing without heat- even my little dog was cold! Some people are still without power. My daughter's friend has been staying with us as we, at least, have a fireplace! Glad it's over - but a nor'easter (a vicious storm that hugs the coastline and comes straight north) is heading our way on Wednesday with winds up to 60 miles per hour and snow or freezing rain! I really hope we catch a break with that one!
    Good morning OM I'm so so happy to see you back

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I'm relieved to see that you're OK.

Thank you SB and Mole!

Too much going on

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Trying to get my sewing machine to work without having to spend money on it..
    Merry Christmas to all...

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    christmas dinner.....how many to invite!.............

shopping...

Christmas and the lead up to it ........ will be very different this year ... a first for me !!!

Older son and wife leaving first week of December for 5 weeks to spend Christmas with her family in Sweden.

Younger son didn't know of his brother's plans when his girlfriend roped him in to housesit with her for 6 weeks for a couple who are holidaying in Europe from the end of November.

So I'll pretty much be on my own .... with all other family on the other side of the world.... it'll be very strange and a first in 32 years !!

wishing I had gotten more sleep, maybe tomorrow?