Page 180 of 202 FirstFirst ... 80130170175176177178179180181182183184185190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2018

Thread: What's on your mind?

Not much..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Leaves, leaves and more leaves
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    nothing right now..

this 4 year old girl, whom I did not know, who was killed by being run over in the parking lot of our apartment complex today. I can't get it out of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    this 4 year old girl, whom I did not know, who was killed by being run over in the parking lot of our apartment complex today. I can't get it out of my mind.
    Oh steph that's terrible. My heart goes out to you, and her family. :(
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post

How horrible! I'm so sorry. Our friends' granddaughter was murdered and then a couple of years later another friend's sister and brother-in-law and the sister and BIL's youngest daughter were murdered. None of these people were involved in drugs or anything shady! The two girls were in their mid-teens. Tragedies stick in my mind, too. Both killers are behind bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    How horrible! I'm so sorry. Our friends' granddaughter was murdered and then a couple of years later another friend's sister and brother-in-law and the sister and BIL's youngest daughter were murdered. None of these people were involved in drugs or anything shady! The two girls were in their mid-teens. Tragedies stick in my mind, too. Both killers are behind bars.
    thanks, Merry. it happened right in front of the 2 bedroom apt we we moved out of a year ago. we moved right down the street to a 3 bdrm. (now that my daughter moved out, we have to go back to a 2 bdrm. I know this has nothing to do with the subject. I'm just babbling, I guess.) anyway, I don't think tragic even starts to describe what happened to your friends' granddaughter or to you other friend's sister, brother-in-law and their youngest daughter. Thank the Lord the killers were caught and are in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    Oh steph that's terrible. My heart goes out to you, and her family. :(
    thanks very much Chantelle. in reading the latest news story, the mom was backing out of the parking space, and the little girl was IN the car with her. then, the father came out and so the mom stopped the car to talk to him. unbeknownst to the parents, the little girl got out of the car. the mother proceeded to drive, running over the girl. she didn't realize what she had done, most likely because she thought the girl was still in the car, so she drove about 150 yards, but stopped because the dad was waving his arms and yelling. my son and I had just come back from shopping and were on the main street in the complex (it's very small), and it was still unfolding. we never saw or heard the father, but I wouldn't know him anyway, I was idling my car, pulled over and waiting, since there was no way to turn the corner onto our street. we were there for at least a few minutes, when this woman came running past my car, crying, "my baby! my baby!" so that was the mother, running back , realizing what had happened. at that point, I still didn't really know what was going on, except I had asked a man, a neighbor (I don't know any of my neighbors) if he knew anything and he said it was a child that was hit by a car. I had just found that out right before the mother went running by to get to her daughter. there was a lot I couldn't see, because of a truck blocking part of my view. according to the news story, the construction worker who saw the whole thing and had flagged the fire or ems truck, said the mom kept trying to pick up her daughter and that he, the construction worker kept telling her not to pick up or handle her daughter.

My oldest daughter's car has a rearview camera. All cars should have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    My oldest daughter's car has a rearview camera. All cars should have them.
    according to the news story, the little girl got out of the car and walked around to the FRONT of the vehicle (an SUV.) so, I don't know; news stories often contain inaccuracies. I don't know how far the mom had already backed out/what position the vehicle was in, how it was facing when the girl got out or when the mom accidentally drove over her. I agree with you that all cars should have rearview cameras, though. Of course, there are so many people, like me, driving used cars and of course, they aren't going to put these cameras on all these older cars.