Page 143 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145146147148153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2018

Thread: What's on your mind?

frostythesnowman is offline LOCKED (Account Delete Requested)
    lots of things..

Listen to what Im thinking..

Thinking of what to do when I get fired form work, I feel that my days at work are slowly coming to an end. I strongly think, this month will give the answer.

Whatever happens, Ill be greatful for having spent 19 years in this work, but, I feel sad, as, in order to keep my job I have to say yes to huge salary reduction that I have already denied.
    Colleagues having already accepted, are now in the 6th !!!!! salary reduction and now take 300-400 euros and its not sure that they will get the money, cause in the name of crisis every employer says he has no money..

Question number 1
    : Why dont employers close their companies but still keep on working, making (more) money using their employees to work for free, since they do not pay them?
    Question number 2: Why does not the state do something to prevent all these, but, instead, make laws that only protect employers?
    Question number 3: When an employer is always late/never paying employees and is totally protected by the state? Where on earth will I ever find/lend the money the company owes me and pay my rent/my milk, my food..
    Question number 4: My parents pension salary has been reduced to 350 euros from 800 that it was.. How on earth will I be able to keep on helping them, since I can not help myself?
    Question number 5: Last time I got some money, was 3,5 months ago..They have also put me so much more work and also have asked me to accept a reduce salary, the moment I do not even get paid!!!
    This is happening for 2 years now. Is this strategy correct from the government to help!!!! as it says Greece stand on its feet again???

p.s. The employer - TV Radio Media - owner I work for, is one of the richest in Greece.

These are on my mind, friends and I would really love to listen to anything you may have to add on all these..
    Last edited by olga; 08-21-2013 at 11:25 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

grocery shopping after work..

Olga - I know it must be so, so difficult for you and it is definitlysomething the government should take steps to correct. I know here in the US people will often complain about how the government is all about the big companies, but in reality we have many laws and programs in place that protect the worker - especially regarding pay and employment opportunities. I used to be a Human Resources Manager, so I am very familiar with these laws and with how much trouble an employer can get into if they are not followed. While laws like these will not prevent an economic crisis, they may make it a little gentler and easier to handle. I wish you luck and hope things turn around for you and all of Greece very soon.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

olga-sorry to hear things in greece are so bad right now..hope things get better for you and your country...its a tough world we live in right now..here in britain things are not great either..they say we are out of the recession...but i think not..we will be like this for many years to come..its hard right now and its going to get harder..keep your chin up my friend...

lots of things..

nothing right now...

What I'll do today with horrible weather and no car. I may just have to relax!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

my dinner..i"m hungry..

lots of things..