Page 7 of 202 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Still unpaid, back to parents house, Im leaving my beautiful house, still making boxes to move. I have to be out until this Monday....
    And this is only the beginning... No mobile phone, its cut, no Internet connection, bills unpaid, rents also even if Im moving out, no money for nothing..

Statistics say that 1000 persons lose their job in Greece, every day, can you believe?
    I am so sorry my friend I am so worried about what lies ahead...

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Olga and SB - I often think of you guys and the situation you are faced with! Prayers for you! They say things are starting to get better here in the US, but things are still tough for many people. I am on a small fixed income (Social Security Disability), my husband's business is way down and the youngest is in college. Things are SO tight right now. My daughter's boyfriend is moving in with us soon in exchange for helping with things around here - fall leaves, Christmas boxes up and down from the basement, light chores and repairs. I am looking forward to the extra help and like the fact that we are helping him out until he gets another job!!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

:holly:

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Olga and SB - I often think of you guys and the situation you are faced with! Prayers for you! They say things are starting to get better here in the US, but things are still tough for many people. I am on a small fixed income (Social Security Disability), my husband's business is way down and the youngest is in college. Things are SO tight right now. My daughter's boyfriend is moving in with us soon in exchange for helping with things around here - fall leaves, Christmas boxes up and down from the basement, light chores and repairs. I am looking forward to the extra help and like the fact that we are helping him out until he gets another job!!
    Thanks for your kind thoughts OM. Thank you for caring
    I hope and pray that the new year will be kinder to us, or at least not any harsher.
    I hope the best for you too

Merry Snowy Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    Thanks for your kind thoughts OM. Thank you for caring
    I hope and pray that the new year will be kinder to us, or at least not any harsher.
    I hope the best for you too
    Thanks - hope things get better for everyone REAL soon!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

wanting to share a little something with my family here as Darla has made quite a splash here this is a photo of her done by a photographer and she would like to use her in other shoots as well my little girl has won many hearts here and of course she has a very proud mom.601406_390313707707994_200147730_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    I am so sorry my friend I am so worried about what lies ahead...
    I have been following the economic situation in Greece for some time ... my thoughts and hopes for better times ....

What can I say? .... except that I feel for you and I hope for brighter days soon to come for you SB, Olga and your country !! .... Hope and prayers !!!

Had very good friends in Athens ... unfortunately over the years we have lost touch..... She was from Greece and he was Italian ... they were my neighbours when we lived in Saudi Arabia. Spent a wonderful Christmas with them in Athens way back when ....
    Last edited by ChristmasFairy; 10-14-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Hey, Tia and I thank you all for your concern.

Those 2 years, situation has become dramatic for people who live in this country.
    Unfortunately, all statistics say that things will become worst and that we will not get out of this bad dream, soon.......
    Can you imagine my friends that 1000 people lose their jobs every day, here????

I worked 17 years, had a normal life, I m happy I could make it for a living all those years and by my self..
    I did not make money, just had a salary that provided me a life with my small home and my first needs always taken care of..

To be honest, Im not giving fake hopes to myself that things will become better... No way.
    Im 35 years old and I wanna live my life, make a family, have happy moments..

I think, I have to see what lies ahead and make serious decisions about staying here, or not..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    What's on my mind? Well, it kind of hard NOT to have the situation in Greece on my mind. Seems I'm reading about it in every thread. I sure hope things turn around there.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    What's on my mind? Well, it kind of hard NOT to have the situation in Greece on my mind. Seems I'm reading about it in every thread. I sure hope things turn around there.
    Thank you Mike.

Well I finish work tomorrow. For this tourist season. If I'm lucky it'll be busy enough to work a few extra days before Christmas.

Merry Snowy Christmas

It's official. I'm done with work for this season. A big dent in our monthly income.

Merry Snowy Christmas