Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the build up to Christmas better than Christmas day?

Is the build up to Christmas better than Christmas day?

I was thinking about this. Christmas, the actual day, is excellent; waking up to presents and spending time with your family. It's very unique; however, on Christmas, the excitement, the atmosphere, the Christmas movies that are shown on TV, the lights, the festivals, the carols ... their all gone. It's just sort of concluding the holiday.

I love Christmas, don't get me wrong, but the excitement prior is better IMO.

yeah,sometimes I have that feeling too.I mean the actualy day is something you're waiting for and you're surrounded with your family but as the day goes by excitement is kind of gone and you're realizing you have to wait another 365 days till Christmas.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

As a kid the excitement was all about the actual day ....... Christmas Day !!!

As an adult I enjoy the build up to Christmas more ... as on Christmas Day I'm slaving away
    !!

I love the build up to Christmas now as all the kids have grown, presents under the tree are sparse to say the least.
    But still love the day itself though..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Love both, but the day after Christmas is the worst!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Love both, but the day after Christmas is the worst!
    agree.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

in some ways yes, the build-up is better, as it keeps the spirit alive the whole year which I like.

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

Yeah I agree. I always get a little sad once everything is done and Christmas day is over.

Christmas is on my mind year round...it's usually hard to find others who agree and don't think I'm crazy.

"Let us remember that the Christmas heart is a giving heart, a wide open heart that thinks of others first. The birth of the baby Jesus stands as the most significant event in all history, because it has meant the pouring into a sick world the healing medicine of love which has transformed all manner of hearts for almost two thousand years... Underneath all the bulging bundles is this beating Christmas heart."
    George Matthew Adams

"Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas."
    Dale Evans Rogers

"My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?"
    Bob Hope

"Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas."
    Calvin Coolidge

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Christmas is on my mind year round...it's usually hard to find others who agree and don't think I'm crazy.

"Let us remember that the Christmas heart is a giving heart, a wide open heart that thinks of others first. The birth of the baby Jesus stands as the most significant event in all history, because it has meant the pouring into a sick world the healing medicine of love which has transformed all manner of hearts for almost two thousand years... Underneath all the bulging bundles is this beating Christmas heart."
    George Matthew Adams

"Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas."
    Dale Evans Rogers

"My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?"
    Bob Hope

"Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas."
    Calvin Coolidge
    SO True!!!!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas