Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: After Christmas Blues

After Christmas Blues

Hey guys! Just wondering if any of you get the "after Christmas blues"? January is always blah for me, but we are into February now...what do you do to treat your after Christmas blues?

I definitely get the after-Christmas blues. Listening to Xmas music helps a little, as does watching Xmas movies. And, of course, sharing in the spirit with others here helps, too!

I've left some decorations up...probably take them down this weekend...or next!

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

Honestly, I still have two trees still up...one is more of a seasonal tree we decorate all year. The other is a santa tree. It is in the back room. We don't go back there much...out of sight out of mind...I will take it down eventually!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Well...January is always tough for me. I always suffer the post-Christmas depression. However, it's my wife's birthday next week and that's followed by Valentine's Day. Once I hit February, I start to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and "spring fever" starts creeping in. I'm looking forward to April showers...and digging out the grill again. I enjoy summer weather, so it's a good time for me as I wait patiently to move into the next holiday season!!

I agree with you Mike. I tend to come out of the "blues" in February. One daughter will be 17 on the 12th and the other will be 26 on the 18th. And Valentine's day right between the birthdays!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

It usually takes me quite a while to get over the Christmas Blues. This year I have done much better. I'm not really sure why this year is better. I too have left a few Christmas things out. And I still love to listen to my Christmas music. The things I love about Christmas can be a part of my everyday life....big dinners with my family, baking cookies, hot chocolate mornings, watching it snow, sitting by the fire, enjoying my family. It will be here before I know it so why waste time missing it? That's my new attitude and it is working!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasCrazy View Post
    It will be here before I know it so why waste time missing it? That's my new attitude and it is working!
    I like that attitude!

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I still have 16 candy canes stuck in my front yard. I also have numerous extension cords buried in the snow. I got everything else down and put away. The stuff that's left is frozen, and will just have to wait until spring.

I should probably put the xmas cards away as well as the candles, decorative tablecloths and kitchen towels, etc.................

My Christmas Blogs