Thread: "I'm Not Really In The Christmas Mood This Year"- Anyone else feel this way?

Unhappy "I'm Not Really In The Christmas Mood This Year"- Anyone else feel this way?

I really like Christmas but recently have been a little disheartened by it as over the last few years my family has not all been together and routine seems to be the only driving force behind the tradition. I suppose I may be seeing things a little more negatively than they actually are, but I don't know, anyway, this video is very honest and bittersweet and seems to portray that feeling pretty clearly.
    Anyone else know what I mean?

I'm Not Really In The Christmas Mood This Year by Foxtails Brigade
    (I'm new to this site and can't post the link, but a google search will take you to it)
    Attached Images Attached Images

This year seems different, no question. Not good, not bad, just different.

But I think, like anything else, some Christmases are more memorable than others. Sometimes we just have to get out of the way and let the new traditions sort themselves out.

I read a very interesting piece recently, and it said many people feel the 'Christmas blues' because they try to use this time of year to recreate the past, and that never goes well
    http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19786&dateline=132203  4169

I don't try to re-create the past, but I definitely embrace the spirit of Christmases gone-by. Being nostalgic at holiday time is a wonderful feeling for me.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Not really been in the mood these past few days either.. but the Christmas shopping finally gets done today, so I am getting more in the mood now knowing everything is out of the way.

I see Christmas as an opportunity to try and put any problems in my life behind me.

Christmas is a tme of joy and happiness. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I don't try to re-create the past, but I definitely embrace the spirit of Christmases gone-by. Being nostalgic at holiday time is a wonderful feeling for me.
    Of course. Nostalgia, in its proper context, is wonderful.

But there are people who try to literally recreate the Christmas of yore.
    http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19786&dateline=132203  4169

Quote Originally Posted by no_1_christmas_fan View Post
    I see Christmas as an opportunity to try and put any problems in my life behind me.

Absolutely. Sad would be the person who used Christmas as a time to bring problems to the forefront.

Christmas has changed

I know how you feel. Christmas doesnt seem the same anymore.