Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conundrum

:gift: Conundrum

Okay, my dad was an atheist, but he put up a Christmas tree every year and sent gifts.

Well, our daughter took in a homeless woman and her young daughter ages ago and this woman hates Christmas. We are giving gifts to our grandchildren and don't want to leave the little girl out. I love kids. So I bought her a gift and wrapped it in pastel non-Christmas paper. Do you think her mother will be offended?

she might be offended
    how old is the daughter now ?
    lets hope she loves the daughter enough to allow her to have the gift .
    your dad allowed you guys to get gifts ?
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Quote Originally Posted by mina553 View Post
    she might be offended
    how old is the daughter now ?

I think she's around six.

lets hope she loves the daughter enough to allow her to have the gift .

Sometimes people love their kids and try to protect them from perceived evil.

your dad allowed you guys to get gifts ?
    My late father mailed us gifts and he wanted to celebrate Christmas in a secular way. He always had a Christmas tree. But I didn't live near him and hadn't spent Christmas with him since 1954; not like I really remember that.

:gift:

If she loves her daughter, she'll be happy Any any which way you look at Christmas it's still about giving love and joy.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

@ 6 YOU LOOK FORWARD TO getting some thing i assume the child is in school when school reopens she will hear every 1 else talking about what they got ,
    poor child i pray the mother accepts the gift 4 the child ,. i wish i could send her a nice bride barbie with all the hair & the pretty dress ,
    iam typing this & my heart pains for the child this poor child
    she has to live with this ; (

PS ITS SNOWING ON YOUR THREAD : )
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

In this situation, the mother would be total wrong to perceive any evil in giving this child a gift. The fact is, she probably only hates Christmas because she can't afford it! She might even be upset (secretly) if you didn't give her a gift!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

If she is homeless before moving in with your daughter I would hope she would be thankful that someone wanted to give her daughter something reguardless of if its a Christmas present or just a here is a present for your child gift. You are a thoughtful person for even being concerned about the mothers feelings. My ex husband was a Jehovah Witness and didnt turn away a gift my parents gave him. He was kinda selective when his religion mattered.
    Rebecca
    Count your blessings...My daughter and grandson are mine

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    If she loves her daughter, she'll be happy Any any which way you look at Christmas it's still about giving love and joy.
    Agreed
    www.carolinapanthercoalition.com

JonahsGrammy
    well said
    - St. Luke ii.

Well, we just got back from delivering the gift. And it went well! There was another family visiting; maybe that's why the mother didn't object. I found out that the little girl is eight (small for her age).