Thread: Grrrrrr!!!!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States

Angry Grrrrrr!!!!

Well...I've just discovered the first "issue" with the tree! One whole strand of 100 mini-lights is not working. Last night I kind of thought there were a couple weird "dark" spots, and today it was revealed that it was not just my imagination! Now I have to take it off and re-string another one...while dodging garland and ornaments!!! This is not going to be simple!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I feel your pain. One year I tested all the lights and they worked fine. After the tree was fully decorated a whole string went out. As Murphy's law would have it that string was RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TREE. I didn't bother taking everything down and starting over. I just joked that my tree had a waist.

Well...I have successfully removed the broken lights. On the upside, I am replacing with TWICE as many!! I found 2 new strands in my storage box out in the garage!! I will tackle the challenge when my little guy goes down for nap!

Oh, how sad! But your reward will be more lights.

:light:

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Oh, how sad! But your reward will be more lights.
    I agree

I try to spread the lights as much as I can to avoid dark spots if the lights fail. I go up and down and round instead of just round and round. That way if a string of lights stops working you can't really tell.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

My options will be limited since I am going to be working around existing ornaments and garland.

Red face You at least are allowed to have a tree

Because of some medical stuff, I was told I am not allowed to have live plants in the home. Specifically since can have bugs in them that carry stuff or I can get scratched and the cut get infected I am not allowed to get flowers, plants or christmas trees (well real ones anyway).

So I can either got the route of the large fake or just decide to do the alternative and make a joke of it with the Charlie Brown Christmas tree they sell in stores.

Hope you managed to get your lights done without too much mess and disruption of the
    ornaments and garlands, Mike..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Well...overall, I think it's fine. The lighting is great, but I had a struggle with hiding the wires as much as I like. Less noticeable when the sun goes down, but in daylight...I'm not thrilled with the cord visibility. Overall, a success though. I'm a stickler for adequate lighting!!

We strung our tree with all our lights, and then it didn't work. Not one light. Someone needs to market an unbreakable light.