Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas movie festival

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)

Christmas movie festival

There is a Christmas movie festival going on near me this weekend.I'm planning to attend. I own all of these on DVD except for Scrooged, but it still seems like a fun thing to go to. I was just wondering if events like this go on anywhere else. Hopefully my link will work.

http://www.arlingtondrafthouse.com/d...page=christmas

Your link worked great. I wish there were something like this in my area. It's a good value for only $8, and it would be great to see some of these on the big screen. The only way a lot of people have seen most of these is on TV.

http://www.bobborst.com/popculture/christmas-specials-movies/
    Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends.

Quote Originally Posted by BobBorst View Post
    Your link worked great. I wish there were something like this in my area. It's a good value for only $8, and it would be great to see some of these on the big screen. The only way a lot of people have seen most of these is on TV.
    The only one I've seen on the big screen is Elf. People I talked to seemed most excited about seeing Charlie Brown on the big screen. I'm looking forward to it.

Our local "old time" theater is running "It's a Wonderful Life" next weekend. I can't wait to see it on the big screen!

The theater itself was built in the 1920's. It's huge, with two organs that are played reguklarly before screening time. The ceiling is guilded and it is an amazing old theater!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    The only one I've seen on the big screen is Elf. People I talked to seemed most excited about seeing Charlie Brown on the big screen. I'm looking forward to it.
    How was it? Did a lot of people show up?

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Our local "old time" theater is running "It's a Wonderful Life" next weekend. I can't wait to see it on the big screen!

The theater itself was built in the 1920's. It's huge, with two organs that are played reguklarly before screening time. The ceiling is guilded and it is an amazing old theater!
    That's great! It's a Wonderful Life is one of my favorite Christmas movies, as you can probably tell from the quote in my signature. I love those old Art Deco period movie houses.

It was fun. A Christmas story and Christmas vaction are better on the big screen. There are little things you miss when you only see them on your TV screen.

nothing like that here in Trinidad but i can create it home for my family i think this family day i will do just that but with ginger bread ,. thx 4 the idear.
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

I see they are also showing It's a Wonderful Life and donating the ticket money to the Children's hospital. I'm not a huge fan of It's A Wonderful Life, but if I were going to be in town I would probably go.

Scrooged the Christmas movie

I like Scrooged too!!