From the kitchen of Barbara Fetter
1 small package red Jell-O (Cherry, Strawberry etc)
1 small package green Jell-O (Lime)
1 package white cake mix (enough for 2 layer cake), plus ingredients to prepare
1 container (16 ounce) Cool Whip
- Make white cake mix per box instructions, using two 9 inch round cake pans.
- After baking, let cakes cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pans, clean out cake pans and return cakes back to pans.
- Using a fork, poke holes into cakes at various points to receive Jell-O.
- Make up the red Jell-O with hot water only (no cold water) and pour evenly as possible over one of the cakes.
- Then make up the green Jell-O with hot water only and pour over the other round cake.
- Put both cakes into the refrigerator for several hours.
- Place the bottom of the cake pans in hot water to help in removing the cakes from their pans.
- Spread the top of one cake with Cool Whip.
- Place the other cake on top and spread the remaining Cool Whip on top and sides.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.