Thread: Christmas Fairs: Part of the season or a rip-off?

Christmas Fairs: Part of the season or a rip-off?

I wondered what you thought. It seems that many of these 'christmas' fairs or markets are cash cow for the organisers. Would you pay to enter a shop or mall? Why should you have to fork-out an entry fee to visit a market where you will pay again to buy any of the products on sale? Any expenses or commission are a matter for the market organiser and the traders involved, not for we poor schmucks! I've noted a couple of 'pay to enter' events in my area. I'll boycott them.
    Last edited by Moley; 11-21-2011 at 06:52 PM.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

I don't know if there are any of these in the U.S. or not, but I guess it would depend on how much is being charged to get in and what is being offered on the inside. If it's just stuff you can buy at most stores, then no, I wouldn't go. In my area of Florida, there are 3 or 4 annual Christmas craft shows that my friend and I have been to several years. Some are free to get in, others charge a few dollars. It's nice to just walk around and see all the handmade items. I usually pick up some very inexpensive little handmade ornaments that cost maybe a dollar each or less. Somehow, I don't think you are talking about craft shows, though.