Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: prayers please

prayers please

I'm sorry for the totally unchristmassy post. I'm in hospital with my youngest daughter, Grace. She has a bowel obstruction and they're trying to get things moving, but she may need surgery. Please say a little prayer for her that she won't need an operation? Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    I'm sorry for the totally unchristmassy post. I'm in hospital with my youngest daughter, Grace. She has a bowel obstruction and they're trying to get things moving, but she may need surgery. Please say a little prayer for her that she won't need an operation? Thank you all.
    My thoughts are with Christmas_mama...
    Merry Christmas to all...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Grace Christmas_mama

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Praying for the best. My brother-in-law had that as a baby and from what I understand, it can be a bad deal. I'm sure everything will be fine. Then you can all be happy and thankful this holiday season!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

my thoughts are with you and your litlle one
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Prayers for Grace~!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Thank you for all of your kind words and thoughts and prayers. We are home! I am so worried about Grace, though. I don't know what to think. Last night I took Grace to A&E as she had a seriously distended stomach and was in a lot of pain. At A&E they gave her an xray straight away and the consultant on duty looked at her and the xray and said she had a bowel obstruction and required surgery, which we would need to be transferred for as they don't do surgery on babies at our local or general hospital. We were moved to the childrens critical referral assessment unit whille we waited. While there we saw a paediatric consultant who looked at her and said he thought we could get things moving without surgery as he could hear sounds in her stomach and she had managed to pass some wind. The plan is to use enemas, stool softeners and laxatives.

She had the first enema and stool softener last night to no effect. This morning in hospital she has had laxatives and stool softeners and no poo yet. They are continuing with the plan of softeners and laxatives 2 sachets tomorrow, then 4 the next day, then six... until it works. They said I could bring her home and give her the sachets at home, or stay in. I chose to go home as I can always bring her back if needed. We were discharged at 3pm.

I am worried, though as when the second doctor saw her he seemed less concerned because she "wasn't behaving like a baby with bowel obstruction" however she had been in extreme pain before he saw her, and was given paracetamol, ibruprofen and morphine in A&E and she was a little high when he saw her.

I'm worried about the longterm effects this could be having on her bowels as she is so distended and bloated. The bloating is rock hard and has spread around to her sides and back as well now. She is still eating, so that's a good sign that she still has an appetite, however I'm worried this is just making things worse as it's not going anywhere other than building up further in her intestines!

She is breathing short, shallow breaths, which the paed said was because her bowels are so distended it's all pushing up on her lungs.

I'm worried about the fact the first doctor looked at her xray and said obstruction and she needed surgery and the second doc has said something completely different. If she has not done opened her bowels by tomorrow I'm going to take her back as I'm worried about the damage this could be doing to her insides? She'll get stretchmarks if it carries on - she looks about 9 months pregnant already. I'm still so scared for her.

She's so uncomfortable and so far the medication and enemas have done nothing. I just hope we get a mega poop explosion tonight and I don't have to take her back to hospital tomorrow! Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers at what was a very scary and is still a stressful time.

Some pictures for you:

Despite the worry and the seriousness of the situation, I couldn't help but smile at her after she was given the morphine. She thought everything was hilarious for a couple of hours and lay on the bed looking at everything like it was the funniest thing in the world. She kept saying, "blah blah blah, BOO!" and then cracking up with giggles!

And this morning she discovered that hospital is not so bad after all, when she realised that Mr Tumble was available on demand above her bed:

ETA: As I was uploading these pics, she has sat on the potty and done a tiny little poo (sorry)! This gives me massive hope that the treatment is working. Really hoping this is the start of things getting going!

Christmas_mama I'm sure now you have had a SIGN
    things will start to move.
    I know from experience that the laxatives and softeners do take quite a while to
    work.
    It's all in the waiting.

Hope all goes well..... Thanks for letting us all know..
    Merry Christmas to all...

We are praying for your dear little Grace, Christmasmama. My oldest grandson, who is 9, has had bowel troubles all his life, because he has autism, and that is a common sign. (not implying that your baby has autism at all.) Just saying I know how scary that this sort of thing can be. My daughter, who is mother to my autistic grandson, seems pretty sure that since your daughter went a little bit of poo today, she should be going more tomorrow. I hope and pray my daughter is right. May the Lord bless and heal little Grace.

T
    ETA: As I was uploading these pics, she has sat on the potty and done a tiny little poo (sorry)! This gives me massive hope that the treatment is working. Really hoping this is the start of things getting going!

I just found this thread. My husband and I are going to pray for Grace as soon as I post this.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."