Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: do you like or have a christmas village

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    It's all so beautiful MW. How come you gave it away?
    Arthritis makes it hard for me to go up and down the stairs to the basement; and the basement was getting crammed, so I decided to cut back. I always had to display it in the guest room, anyway. The only people who saw it were family.

I would love to have one...... but unfortunately, I don't have the room to display it

I have one with about 10 buildings that had belonged to my 2nd husband's mother. I have bought accessories for it over the years since I first got it. I absolutely love it; it is just the kind of thing that I had always wanted. In our previous home, we had a little more room than we do now, and I liked to put it under the tree. In my apartment now, it is difficult to find room for it. (Even though I like the village under the tree, I also like gifts under the tree and I can't have both.) Last year, I ended up not even putting it up. I guess I am at the point where I want to see the finished beauty, but don't want all the hassle of setting it up. This year, since I have my oldest daughter here for a while, I will make sure it is put up.

awwwwwww thx mashmellow
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

i wouldent care i alone saw it it just makes me happy 2 watch it .
    iam sorry about R A its a very painful illness ,
    my sister has the real christmas village that lights up the train station & the lil people she says shes tired of putting it out i could never get tired of looking @ that lil wonder , it melts my heart she says she hates christmas cause its 2 much work . i beg to differ . its when the baby Jesus was born if thats not a good reason 2 celebrate then what is ?
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

i would love 2 see your village
    - St. Luke ii.

M W how come u gave it away its so beautiful i could never part with my lil l .
    Last edited by mina553; 11-20-2011 at 01:28 PM.
    - St. Luke ii.

Yes, we have a Dicken's Christmas Village, and it is always a highlight to the season.

Yes, we have a Dicken's Christmas Village, and it is always a highlight to the season.

i have a mina christmas village excuse me kindly lol
    Last edited by mina553; 11-21-2011 at 09:13 AM.
    - St. Luke ii.

I have a small Christmas village as well, about 5-6 buildings including ones from 2nd Hand Stores (a great way to find classic peices for low $!). I added a new peice last yar (school house) and want to add another this year.

Since I am on my iPhone right now I can't post pics, but if I find any later today I'll share them
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!