Thread: So Old-Fashioned!

Thumbs up So Old-Fashioned!

I found this on photobucket and I LOVE it! This is so nostalgic. I think it's perfect!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

This is beautiful. i do wish there was a Christmas tree in the window, though. But, it's still great without it. uh, just noticed there IS a tree in the window on the left, but some of it is hidden by branches from an outdoor tree.

It is beautiful.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I found this on photobucket and I LOVE it! This is so nostalgic. I think it's perfect!

Yes, that is quite nostalgic!

Luckily, we are able to see many houses around our old city decorated in much the same fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Christmas View Post

Luckily, we are able to see many houses around our old city decorated in much the same fashion.
    We see this in our city, too. But those old nativity sets are being replaced with more modern decorations. I love the nostalgia of old decorations.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

love that kind of houses decorated in this way
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Smile

Yes...agreed...I love the vintage look as well
    www.carolinapanthercoalition.com

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    This is beautiful. i do wish there was a Christmas tree in the window, though. But, it's still great without it. uh, just noticed there IS a tree in the window on the left, but some of it is hidden by branches from an outdoor tree.
    Yeah, that tree needs to be over on the right side, lol. Love the nostalgic look too.

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

Quote Originally Posted by SnowAngel View Post
    Yeah, that tree needs to be over on the right side, lol. Love the nostalgic look too.
    its quite breath taking the lights r wrapped around barrels i used it as my wall paper the cresh is simple but cute.
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Christmas View Post

Ya know, looking at this picture again, it looks like so many houses in my sister's neighborhood in Dayton, Ohio. She lives close to downtown and the houses are all quite old, (hers was built in about 1910) and most of the houses are decorated similarly to the one in this picture. Whenever we are able to be there for Christmas and drive through the neighborhood, it IS very nostalgic. All the houses have the big porch, a lot have a swing, like in this picture. I liked the picture when you first posted it, MW, and now seeing it again, I appreciate it even more. oops, thought I hit the quote on MW's original post.