Thread: Just mulling it over...

Just mulling it over...

One year I had red bows and faux evergreens in my concrete baskets. I'm using red bows again because they really looked nice. Well, I had a large pinecone hanging from each side of the porch, but I don't know where I stored them. This year I bought two huge shatterproof ornaments to hang out there.

Good idea or not? Does anyone else have huge ornaments on the porch?

I can't decorate the porch for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I wish our Thanksgiving came in October like the Canadians' Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 11-16-2011 at 11:16 AM.

I love the red bows, MW. I also think the hanging pinecone looks great. As far as hanging an ornament, I'm not sure I would like that only because most of the very large ones I've seen look cheap and tacky, but someone just driving by would maybe not notice that. I guess it just depends on one's tastes and whether you are decorating the outside for passersby or for when you have company.

I used to do the same thing MW. Evergreen with red bows in the two front planters on either side of the front door. Last year I placed a silver 30" tinsel tree on either side of the door instead. I outline the door in lights and sometimes artificial grenery - although I think I'll use that greenery inside this year! Also put a big red bow on the mailbox!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    One year I had red bows and faux evergreens in my concrete baskets. I'm using red bows again because they really looked nice. Well, I had a large pinecone hanging from each side of the porch, but I don't know where I stored them. This year I bought two huge shatterproof ornaments to hang out there.

Good idea or not? Does anyone else have huge ornaments on the porch?

I can't decorate the porch for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I wish our Thanksgiving came in October like the Canadians' Thanksgiving.

Looks great! The red bows really pop against the house and with the snow, it is beautiful. I think hanging some large ornaments would look good, too. Especially when you are admiring the decorations from the road or when pulling into the driveway, even if it is not of the finest quality, from a distance, it will look great! Very nice!!!

Beautiful picture & love the bows too !
    www.carolinapanthercoalition.com

I found the pinecones in our garage, but DH is expecting me to hang the large ornaments, so I'll go ahead and use them this year. When you see the pics, you can tell me which you prefer.