Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to make a tree full?

How to make a tree full?

Hi all,

I am new here and hope to help others and get some help/advice too. I've always had my sister come help me put up the Christmas tree (just fluff the branches out to make it more full) but this year I want to start doing it myself (or try to! LOL) I have a daughter that's 7 months old so this year is little more special. Even though she is still a baby and won't remember it but I will.

Can anyone suggest a video that helps with fluffing the Tree? to make it look more real and full? If so, please share! or even if you have advice, it doesn't have to be a video.

Thank you all,
    Lace

This "How to Make your fake tree look like a real one" has a good guide to fluffing a tree up in "Step 2" -- or maybe you'll want to follow all the instructions for a really REAL looking tree!

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

youtube is always really helpful in that area!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    The funny thing is, in my opinion a good artificial tree almost always looks fuller and nicer than a real tree anyway. We just bought a new fake tree this year, and it's the fullest tree I've ever seen.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    The funny thing is, in my opinion a good artificial tree almost always looks fuller and nicer than a real tree anyway. We just bought a new fake tree this year, and it's the fullest tree I've ever seen.
    I agree mike, the newer trees nowadays are just gorgeous!! However, to be fair, most trees that are 10+ years old are not as nice. I remember my tree from my childhood in the 90s to be very spindly indeed.

Also, it really comes down to cost, the more expensive the artificial tree the much fuller and lifelike (or better) it will look, but you can still buy some (relatively) cheap trees at discount stores that are cost effective but less full.

Let us know how it turns out Dyingrose!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    I agree mike, the newer trees nowadays are just gorgeous!! However, to be fair, most trees that are 10+ years old are not as nice. I remember my tree from my childhood in the 90s to be very spindly indeed.

Also, it really comes down to cost, the more expensive the artificial tree the much fuller and lifelike (or better) it will look, but you can still buy some (relatively) cheap trees at discount stores that are cost effective but less full.

Let us know how it turns out Dyingrose!
    We just got our newest one at Menard's for $89. I need to post a pic. I thought it looked so good, I was shocked at the price. I couldn't pass it up.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I agree Chantelle and Mike. My new 12' tree blows away it's 8' predecessor that I bought back in 1998. It is very realistic and there is little if any bare spots. It cost me a pretty penny but it will last me for at least 10 years unless we buy another house with a higher ceiling

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rGCsx-aFzMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    this link is a more hands on tip
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    I agree mike, the newer trees nowadays are just gorgeous!! However, to be fair, most trees that are 10+ years old are not as nice. ....
    LOL ... the tree I'm using this year is 22 years old this Christmas !!! .... but I do agree with you that the 'new generation' trees are fabulous .. very realistic. Only thing missing is the scent

to make a tree full, I always use alot of lights. for some reason that always seems to work with my trees.