Thread: I hope I can find this again in 2011

I hope I can find this again in 2011

Last year I bought this at Walmart. I'd like to buy another this year. It's just a small decoration, but because we have artificial trees, I'd love to have this again.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Does anyone else feel the need for some real evergreens?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Love th real - just don't love picking up needles!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Love th real - just don't love picking up needles!
    Are all your trees artificial?

Yes, I do. My mother always decorated with lots of boughs that were cut off our tree. They look fantastic and they smell soooooo good. I have gotten them free the past couple years at a couple places where they sell real trees and had discarded boughs in a box. It is hard to find really good boughs that way, though, and I find they are dried out before Christmas gets here and last year I ended up having to toss them and use my fake garland. It still looked nice, but just not the same.

Are all your trees artificial?
    Yes - now they are. My main tree used to be a very tall and full real tree. Then, about 10 years ago, my husband had surgery right before we planned to set up the tree. He couldn't set up a real tree and I couldn't do it alone, so we bought our first artificial. It was alittle smaller than the real trees we would get and sooooooo much easier that it just stuck! We replaced that tree 2 years ago with a more streamlined tree, as our space is very limited. I also have a 4 foot white tree, a white three footer and a small green 2 footer! (Not to mention the white 4 footer we can't find and that my daughter insists is with her storage items somewhere)

I had several disasters with my real trees. One year we got back home on Christmas night to find the tree on the floor and a number of irreplaceable ornaments shattered. We had to set it back up and tie it to the wall. Then, every year we were so scared it would happen again, that we ALWAYS anchored the tree to the wall. Another year, we had a real tree that was soooo dry we had to take it down on Dec 26th. Depressing!

Artificial is just so much easier to set-up, live with (no watering), and decorate than real! I do miss the scent however!

we always had a real tree growing up too and then now i cant have a real tree its part of our lease.. so i use pine scented candles or any christmas type of scented candles and then it almost seems like a real tree! im hoping to find the same garland we got last year from walmart as well its very pretty but this year we have a new tree and its bigger and we didnt have enough garland!

Quote Originally Posted by purpleskies View Post
    we always had a real tree growing up too and then now i cant have a real tree its part of our lease.. so i use pine scented candles or any christmas type of scented candles and then it almost seems like a real tree! im hoping to find the same garland we got last year from walmart as well its very pretty but this year we have a new tree and its bigger and we didnt have enough garland!
    I have tried scented candles as well as room scented sprays without much luck. I think it's because we have a cathedral ceiling, so it is hard to hold the scent in!