Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trans Siberian Orchestra

Smile Trans Siberian Orchestra

Only got 20 more days till we see'em in Greenville, SC @ the BI-LO Center. We go every year & if you have never seen them, you should if you can. My wife went to school with one of their light & sound crew guys. We still have to pay full price though ! lol
    www.carolinapanthercoalition.com

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I'd prefer to see Savatage.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I like 'em a lot.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I'd prefer to see Savatage.
    Jon and Al are making a whole lot more money with TSO than they ever did as Savatage.

I too was a big fan but I have to tell you TSO's live show is one of the most amazing I have ever seen and I have seen them all.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    If they could open with Power Of The Night, that would rule.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I Hve always wanted to see TSO, I have all the cd's and they will be in Philly in a week.

Smile

I hope you get to go Mr.Christmas...we have 18 more days

Quote Originally Posted by CATZILLA View Post
    Only got 20 more days till we see'em in Greenville, SC @ the BI-LO Center. We go every year & if you have never seen them, you should if you can. My wife went to school with one of their light & sound crew guys. We still have to pay full price though ! lol
    I will be going to see them in Atlanta in a couple of weeks...never seen them before, but am really excited. I enjoy their music and hear that the lights and sounds are great...can't wait. Maybe this will become a new Christmas tradition for me!

Trans Siberian Orchestra

Yes, they will be performing at the arena here in Salt Lake City in December. Looks like they are making us a part of their regular tour.

I caught their show here last year. A Great Performance!

Smile

I guess most of you know that TSO is actually 2 groups during November & December right ?

__________________________________________________ _______________

Trans-Siberian Orchestra first toured in 1999, performing a handful of concerts in Upper Darby, New York City, Cleveland, Chicago, and Detroit. The next year, the two touring groups were formed, allowing the band to cover more ground in the short time frame Paul O'Neill allows the Holiday Rock Operas to be performed ( November & December). Trans-Siberian Orchestra has maintained the two-group format during those months ever since but reunites into the single band during the rest of the year.

The two touring groups are informally known as TSO East and TSO West, although these descriptions are not entirely literal. Before 2008, for example, TSO West historically played in Atlanta and Florida. Both groups have appeared in Midwestern cities such as Chicago and Indianapolis.

Shows on the orchestra's fall/winter tour are divided into two acts. The first act is a narrated performance of most of the songs from Christmas Eve and Other Stories. In the second act, the band performs a mix of songs from their other albums. The first tour to promote Beethoven's Last Night tour in the spring of 2010 & 2011 used a similar format, with a complete performance of Beethoven's Last Night followed by several songs from Night Castle.

In 2009, Billboard ranked TSO as one of the Top 25 Touring Artists of the past decade.[6] Live shows are known for their extensive use of pyrotechnics, lasers, and lights synchronized with the performance, all of which takes 15 hours to set up.[7] They are very famous for these concerts, which are critically acclaimed

More http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Siberian_Orchestra