Thread: New UK christmas radio station broadcasting NOW!

New UK christmas radio station broadcasting NOW!

I found this yesterday, so I assume it has been running since November the 1st. UK listeners can listen on DAB and for the rest of you click here...

http://www.smoothradio.co.uk/about/s...hristmas/be1ac

I've heard a few christmas songs I didn't know existed...
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Nice............listening to it now..
    Merry Christmas to all...

That station is so addictive...
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

I got it play now.. here in the US most stations don't start playing Christmas Music till after Thanksgiving. (Nov 24) Well that's when the local Oldies stations switches over to All Christmas Music

PS. My fellow Americans (and non-UKers) They prompt you to enter a postal code when you go to the page .. I assume for advertising purposes. The little map of the UK on the side is click-able -- so just click a random spot and it moves you to the music.

EDIT: I've been playing it for about 20 minutes now and the majority of songs they've played are versions I've never heard before. Awesome Find.
    Last edited by Fezziwig; 11-15-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I just clicked on the link, and followed Fezziwig's instructions, and got the station but, it isn't playing Christmas music now, it seems. Does it just play Christmas music sometimes, or just on certain days or times? And, thank for posting this, Mole, and thank you, Fezziwig for your post, also.

guess I posted that last message prematurely. I went back to the site and discovered I needed to look further and click where it says "smooth christmas radio" and go from there.

Yeah Steph, it takes a bit of a look over. Thanks again for posting this Mole-- I have it playing right now ( I am also eating a Turkey Sandwich and have a zombie movie on mute --- I think I am mixing all the holidays haha)
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens