Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Boss' Bombshell

  1. #1

    Boss' Bombshell

    My boss called an office meeting this morning. With no advanced notice he just said he is retiring. Today is his last day. They are going to keep the office open so I at least have a job till next summer. Depending on if I want to go with either of the two agents they will be putting on in his place. No advanced notice nothing. Kinda shocked. But at least the Execs are keeping everyone through the end of the year. Possibly though till next summer.

    Rebecca
    Count your blessings...My daughter and grandson are mine

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    9,553
    Quote Originally Posted by JonahsGrammy View Post
    My boss called an office meeting this morning. With no advanced notice he just said he is retiring. Today is his last day. They are going to keep the office open so I at least have a job till next summer. Depending on if I want to go with either of the two agents they will be putting on in his place. No advanced notice nothing. Kinda shocked. But at least the Execs are keeping everyone through the end of the year. Possibly though till next summer.
    That's enough to give you a headache. I hope everything turns out well for you JonahsGrammy.

    Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

  3. #3
    Thanks SilverBells I appreciate it. I hope so too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    That's enough to give you a headache. I hope everything turns out well for you JonahsGrammy.
    Rebecca
    Count your blessings...My daughter and grandson are mine

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sloatsburg, NY, USA
    Posts
    16,568
    Thinking of you!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire uk
    Posts
    23,656
    Quote Originally Posted by JonahsGrammy View Post
    My boss called an office meeting this morning. With no advanced notice he just said he is retiring. Today is his last day. They are going to keep the office open so I at least have a job till next summer. Depending on if I want to go with either of the two agents they will be putting on in his place. No advanced notice nothing. Kinda shocked. But at least the Execs are keeping everyone through the end of the year. Possibly though till next summer.
    Hope all goes well, JonahsGrammy.....
    Merry Christmas to all...




  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ...and I live in a hole...
    Posts
    728
    Maybe this is way out of line, but could the boss sell his business on to you and you make a go of it?
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

  7. #7
    No they will put in a new agent 2 actually. Life will go on. Just not as it was. And to tell you the truth I am not sure thats a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    Maybe this is way out of line, but could the boss sell his business on to you and you make a go of it?
    Rebecca
    Count your blessings...My daughter and grandson are mine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About ATC

    ATC "AllThingsChristmas" is a Forum Devoted to everything about Christmas, please enjoy our Forum & feel free to chat about the greatest day of the year.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr