Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Many Lights?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Have to agree with Mike, don't plan just do it and think yep, that's enough..
    Me too! I have pre-lit tree (I don't even know how many lights it has), but always add extra lights!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    that's absolutely nuts. I wonder if they even tested this out or got any other opinions.
    Maybe it's just us Christmas fanatics who think these numbers are low!

Im about to go and get 600-700 lights for my old tree (2m).
    Is it ok, you think???
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Im about to go and get 600-700 lights for my old tree (2m).
    Is it ok, you think???
    That should be about right!

Yes like Mike was saying it is very hard to plan an exact number of lights when decorating a tree. I kept on running out of lights when I was setting up my new tree last year so I ended up making several trips out to the local store.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    Yes like Mike was saying it is very hard to plan an exact number of lights when decorating a tree. I kept on running out of lights when I was setting up my new tree last year so I ended up making several trips out to the local store.
    You know, Mike, this is my first Christmas in my new appartment, so, as you can realise, I have not even a tree..
    I decided to use an old one from my parents house and now, I have to do everything from the start... So, my tree is about 2m and I say to begin with 600-700 lights.
    Do you think, I will need more??

Forgot to mention, instead of balls, I plan to hang big red bows, after I buy a huge red ribbon and cut it in pieces..

Hi Olga I would say that it all depends on how tightly you have your lights on the tree and if you are planning on decorating every side of the tree. If you have lots of patience and weave/wrap each branch on your tree you will use a lot of lights. I would say 700 to 1000 lights but that is just my opinion and I am a madman

.........something else to consider is if you are using lots of ornaments that are not transparent you will not see all of those extra lights...
    Last edited by Crazymike1965; 10-28-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Hi Olga I would say that it all depends on how tightly you have your lights on the tree and if you are planning on decorating every side of the tree. If you have lots of patience and weave/wrap each branch on your tree you will use a lot of lights. I would say 700 to 1000 lights but that is just my opinion and I am a madman

.........something else to consider is if you are using lots of ornaments that are not transparent you will not see all of those extra lights...
    Thanks Mike. You know, I really agree I will need more lights.
    Maybe, I will start with those 600-700 and, after hanging bows and some wooden ornaments I have, I will see whats missing.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleskies View Post
    we are having trouble with how many lights we should use. i want to use clear lights as well as multi colored lights because i feel like with no clear lights the tree seems kinda dull...
    I think the amount of lights one uses is a matter of preference ... same as type of lights and colour.

Perhaps this may help .... Click here

For me ... I kept stringing and running out of lights so had to keep going back to the store and purchasing more until the entire tree was lit. For my 7 1/2 foot tree I needed at least 1500 lights.

If you have lots of patience and weave/wrap each branch on your tree you will use a lot of lights....

Too true ...... I am a confirmed 'branch wrapper' as I don't like to see the cords dangling from branch to branch and you're 'spot on' about the non-transparent ornaments blocking out lights