Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Why?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    150

    Why?

    I have recently spoke about my vast anticipation for Christmas - talking about decorating the place, going out and getting some lights/movies, and my family look at me strangely. They think I am trying to act like a kid for merely looking forward to Christmas.

    Eh, they've got no spirit.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWire View Post
    I have recently spoke about my vast anticipation for Christmas - talking about decorating the place, going out and getting some lights/movies, and my family look at me strangely. They think I am trying to act like a kid for merely looking forward to Christmas.

    Eh, they've got no spirit.
    My mother liked to quote Henry David Thoreau:

    "If a man loses pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured, or far away."



    Some of us are just enjoying life!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ...and I live in a hole...
    Posts
    722
    There's nothing wrong with reconnecting with your inner child.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    There's nothing wrong with reconnecting with your inner child.
    But it's not that. I just love Christmas and its spirit, like all of you guys here. They just have the preconceived idea that Christmas is associated with being young and whatnot.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWire View Post
    But it's not that. I just love Christmas and its spirit, like all of you guys here. They just have the preconceived idea that Christmas is associated with being young and whatnot.
    Yep, we have our own little online club. I'm even a little disappointed that my friends and siblings don't understand me. But my 87-year-old mother understands!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWire View Post
    But it's not that. I just love Christmas and its spirit, like all of you guys here. They just have the preconceived idea that Christmas is associated with being young and whatnot.
    I think that feeling the spirit of Christmas all year DOES keep me young

    A good thing, too - because having 3 children in the space of 20 months certainly aged me beyond my years!

    I love Christmas and don't think any amount of time could pass that could lessen my anticipation, excitement and good spirit in these months leading up to the most wonderful time of the year

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    150
    ^ Yeah, exactly. I just love the event. Nothing really "youthful" about it. I mean, yes, the whole Santa idea makes it so much more magical as a kid, but even then, the films, the atmosphere, the spirit - it is just so awesome!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Arlington,Texas
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWire View Post
    I have recently spoke about my vast anticipation for Christmas - talking about decorating the place, going out and getting some lights/movies, and my family look at me strangely. They think I am trying to act like a kid for merely looking forward to Christmas.

    Eh, they've got no spirit.
    I think in the grand scheme of things it is a requirement that at least one member of each family be a Christmas fanatic. This is not an assigned duty it is a gift from the spirits upon the lucky individual who receives it.

    Although the world forces us to contain our enthusiasm for eleven months a year come December oh glorious December the month we chosen few live for so that we may unleash our infectious joy on our family, friends, even strangers. It is our time to shine.

    It is our job to help those not afflicted with our spirit to let loose their death grip on the ships wheel of life and relax and enjoy that life.

    To marvel at the beauty of a Christmas tree, to relish the gathering of friends and family to share a tender moment with a loved one sitting by the fire in a room filled with lovingly placed Christmas ornamentation.

    To say Merry Christmas to a perfect stranger “Merry Christmas” what a magical phrase you can not say it with out presenting a smile, a warm feeling comes upon you that no drink or drug can reproduce.

    We are lucky to be at this place in time to have this place were we can share All Things Christmas with those similarly afflicted folks as ourselves. How grand it is for me to have wonderful friends not only in the US and Canada but places like The United Kingdom, Greece, Croatia and hopefully new friends and places yet to come.

    So my young friend let them, laugh let them scoff and be happy in the knowledge that you have been blessed with a spirit that will follow you through the rest of your days and bring you and those detractors in your family many joyous moments to treasure.

    Merry Christmas!
    Papa_Christmas

    'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    I think in the grand scheme of things it is a requirement that at least one member of each family be a Christmas fanatic. This is not an assigned duty it is a gift from the spirits upon the lucky individual who receives it.

    Although the world forces us to contain our enthusiasm for eleven months a year come December oh glorious December the month we chosen few live for so that we may unleash our infectious joy on our family, friends, even strangers. It is our time to shine.

    It is our job to help those not afflicted with our spirit to let loose their death grip on the ships wheel of life and relax and enjoy that life.

    To marvel at the beauty of a Christmas tree, to relish the gathering of friends and family to share a tender moment with a loved one sitting by the fire in a room filled with lovingly placed Christmas ornamentation.

    To say Merry Christmas to a perfect stranger “Merry Christmas” what a magical phrase you can not say it with out presenting a smile, a warm feeling comes upon you that no drink or drug can reproduce.

    We are lucky to be at this place in time to have this place were we can share All Things Christmas with those similarly afflicted folks as ourselves. How grand it is for me to have wonderful friends not only in the US and Canada but places like The United Kingdom, Greece, Croatia and hopefully new friends and places yet to come.

    So my young friend let them, laugh let them scoff and be happy in the knowledge that you have been blessed with a spirit that will follow you through the rest of your days and bring you and those detractors in your family many joyous moments to treasure.

    Merry Christmas!

    Papa C...
    *HUGS*

    You just made my morning!

    I quoted you on the ATC Facebook, I hope that's OK
    http://www.facebook.com/allthingschristmas

    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire uk
    Posts
    23,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    I think in the grand scheme of things it is a requirement that at least one member of each family be a Christmas fanatic. This is not an assigned duty it is a gift from the spirits upon the lucky individual who receives it.

    Although the world forces us to contain our enthusiasm for eleven months a year come December oh glorious December the month we chosen few live for so that we may unleash our infectious joy on our family, friends, even strangers. It is our time to shine.

    It is our job to help those not afflicted with our spirit to let loose their death grip on the ships wheel of life and relax and enjoy that life.

    To marvel at the beauty of a Christmas tree, to relish the gathering of friends and family to share a tender moment with a loved one sitting by the fire in a room filled with lovingly placed Christmas ornamentation.

    To say Merry Christmas to a perfect stranger “Merry Christmas” what a magical phrase you can not say it with out presenting a smile, a warm feeling comes upon you that no drink or drug can reproduce.

    We are lucky to be at this place in time to have this place were we can share All Things Christmas with those similarly afflicted folks as ourselves. How grand it is for me to have wonderful friends not only in the US and Canada but places like The United Kingdom, Greece, Croatia and hopefully new friends and places yet to come.

    So my young friend let them, laugh let them scoff and be happy in the knowledge that you have been blessed with a spirit that will follow you through the rest of your days and bring you and those detractors in your family many joyous moments to treasure.

    Merry Christmas!
    Wonderfully put Papa.....
    Merry Christmas to all...




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About ATC

    ATC "AllThingsChristmas" is a Forum Devoted to everything about Christmas, please enjoy our Forum & feel free to chat about the greatest day of the year.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr