Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why?

Well said Papa
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    I think in the grand scheme of things it is a requirement that at least one member of each family be a Christmas fanatic. This is not an assigned duty it is a gift from the spirits upon the lucky individual who receives it.

Although the world forces us to contain our enthusiasm for eleven months a year come December oh glorious December the month we chosen few live for so that we may unleash our infectious joy on our family, friends, even strangers. It is our time to shine.

It is our job to help those not afflicted with our spirit to let loose their death grip on the ships wheel of life and relax and enjoy that life.

To marvel at the beauty of a Christmas tree, to relish the gathering of friends and family to share a tender moment with a loved one sitting by the fire in a room filled with lovingly placed Christmas ornamentation.

To say Merry Christmas to a perfect stranger “Merry Christmas” what a magical phrase you can not say it with out presenting a smile, a warm feeling comes upon you that no drink or drug can reproduce.

We are lucky to be at this place in time to have this place were we can share All Things Christmas with those similarly afflicted folks as ourselves. How grand it is for me to have wonderful friends not only in the US and Canada but places like The United Kingdom, Greece, Croatia and hopefully new friends and places yet to come.

So my young friend let them, laugh let them scoff and be happy in the knowledge that you have been blessed with a spirit that will follow you through the rest of your days and bring you and those detractors in your family many joyous moments to treasure.

Merry Christmas!
    Beautifully said Papa. Your words are very touching. Thank you for taking the time to write something so wonderful

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Unfortunately some people just dont get it! But thats ok we are not all meant to be SPECIAL!!!
    Rebecca
    Count your blessings...My daughter and grandson are mine

I think in the grand scheme of things it is a requirement that at least one member of each family be a Christmas fanatic. This is not an assigned duty it is a gift from the spirits upon the lucky individual who receives it.

Although the world forces us to contain our enthusiasm for eleven months a year come December oh glorious December the month we chosen few live for so that we may unleash our infectious joy on our family, friends, even strangers. It is our time to shine.

It is our job to help those not afflicted with our spirit to let loose their death grip on the ships wheel of life and relax and enjoy that life.

To marvel at the beauty of a Christmas tree, to relish the gathering of friends and family to share a tender moment with a loved one sitting by the fire in a room filled with lovingly placed Christmas ornamentation.

To say Merry Christmas to a perfect stranger “Merry Christmas” what a magical phrase you can not say it with out presenting a smile, a warm feeling comes upon you that no drink or drug can reproduce.

We are lucky to be at this place in time to have this place were we can share All Things Christmas with those similarly afflicted folks as ourselves. How grand it is for me to have wonderful friends not only in the US and Canada but places like The United Kingdom, Greece, Croatia and hopefully new friends and places yet to come.

So my young friend let them, laugh let them scoff and be happy in the knowledge that you have been blessed with a spirit that will follow you through the rest of your days and bring you and those detractors in your family many joyous moments to treasure.

Merry Christmas!
    How articulate and poignant. Thanks so much for this!

Merry Christmas!
    beautiful said Papa, agree on everything
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I'm not going to quote Papa C for the 20th time. While I agree with the sentiment, I can't help but wonder...WHY would others, especially family members, be critical of something you have a passion for? I guess I'm truly blessed because my family actually feeds off my enthusiasm. When they see and hear me going on and on about my thoughts and ideas for the season, they get excited as well. Of course Christmas is closely associated with childhood. THAT is where we forge the impressions we will carry with us forever. I thank my parents for always celebrating the season with joy and warmth, because that is where it comes from for me. I, in turn, hope to pass that on to my boys. Sure there might be a time when they think their old man is just silly, but I feel pretty confident that there will come a time in their adult life when they look back and realize just how special and magical it is. When I'm in the stores looking at Christmas decorations, and I hear passersby saying, "Christmas stuff?...already?...It's too early"...etc... I actually feel bad for them. Nothing in this world beats the spirit of Christmas!! NOTHING!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

:santa:

That was sooo well put papa, It brought a tear to this big guys eye..Thanks

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I'm not going to quote Papa C for the 20th time. While I agree with the sentiment, I can't help but wonder...WHY would others, especially family members, be critical of something you have a passion for? I guess I'm truly blessed because my family actually feeds off my enthusiasm. When they see and hear me going on and on about my thoughts and ideas for the season, they get excited as well. Of course Christmas is closely associated with childhood. THAT is where we forge the impressions we will carry with us forever. I thank my parents for always celebrating the season with joy and warmth, because that is where it comes from for me. I, in turn, hope to pass that on to my boys. Sure there might be a time when they think their old man is just silly, but I feel pretty confident that there will come a time in their adult life when they look back and realize just how special and magical it is. When I'm in the stores looking at Christmas decorations, and I hear passersby saying, "Christmas stuff?...already?...It's too early"...etc... I actually feel bad for them. Nothing in this world beats the spirit of Christmas!! NOTHING!
    Agree with you Mike. I think deep down most people aren't really disdainful, but rather, jealous! They wish they felt the same passion for Christmas as well, and just enjoy teasing us fanatics about our "obsession". I know my family will often tease me about watching Christmas movies in July, but when it comes down to it they can get a bit carried away themselves. Last year when I was recovering from surgery, I let everyone know that setting up the Christmas Village was something we would have to live with out for a year. Well, you would have thought I cancelled Christmas totally - they howled in protest! So they all pitched in and it worked out. Another example - last year I was a newly diagnosed diabetic so I decided to go easy on the baking. I eliminated the fruitcake as I didn't want the temptation. Well, my husband took it personally and has been complaining for a year now! He has made me swear to bake one this year! It's true there is a Christmas fanatic in most families and part of the joy of being THE fanatic is to inspire everyone else. My sister has called me the "Boss of Christmas" ever since she was a little girl- and she wouldn't have it any other way!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    My sister has already been asking me for months what I am planning to add to the yard this year.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Well said Mike

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World