Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Traditional Tree

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    CLASSIC!!

I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I may give my mother a Charlie Brown or Snoopy for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post

These trees look traditional to me:

but the first one looks a little over-done, the second one could do with some tinsel and multicoloured lights, and they should definately both have angels on top
    Those trees go well with the houses they're in. I imagine those rooms are as big as my entire house. LOL. My mother always had a glass finial at the top of her tree. I think a finial, star or angel are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    There is a store near me that has TONS of Christmas decor. They have a lot of items that have images that appear to be from the 1800's and early 1900's. I am drawn to it because it taps into my deep sense of nostalgia that I absolutely thrive on during the holiday season!!
    Too bad I didn't know about that store the two times I went to the Mall of America. I don't expect to ever be in Minnesota again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post

Those trees go well with the houses they're in. I imagine those rooms are as big as my entire house. LOL. My mother always had a glass finial at the top of her tree. I think a finial, star or angel are nice.
    Wow, that first picture is stunning. Exactly the room I'd love to have Christmas in.

I would LOVE a large house and maybe a 7-foot real tree. And I'd love to revive this thread and get more comments, but that's hard to do in August. I may try again in early December.

I'm glad you did. I love both those trees and the decorations. I like the first tree/room the best, I think. in a room like that, one could almost immerse oneself in all of the splendor and charm. this might not make sense to some, but I like that I like those pictures because each year I get a little less into Christmas and a feeling more and more like it's a drudgery to to put a tree up, decorate, etc.... so this is a little bit of the old me coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    I'm glad you did. I love both those trees and the decorations. I like the first tree/room the best, I think. in a room like that, one could almost immerse oneself in all of the splendor and charm. this might not make sense to some, but I like that I like those pictures because each year I get a little less into Christmas and a feeling more and more like it's a drudgery to to put a tree up, decorate, etc.... so this is a little bit of the old me coming through.
    I really wasn't up to setting up my seven-foot tree that I had for four years so I switched back to a tabletop tree, but the atmosphere created by a large tree is far better. Now I don't even have space for a large tree because I have more seating provided in my living room. I wish I could get my children and grandchildren to love Christmas as much as I do!

The love of Christmas is such a personal thing. You never know how the grandkids will feel when they are adults. When it comes to Christmas - my sisters have always called me "The Boss of Christmas". My family loves the way I transform the house at Christmas time - but no one ever wants to help!. The funny thing is, my 2 daughters always argue over who will inherit what. They both want the Christmas village! I say - if you want it then you better learn how to set it up as it is a MAJOR undertaking! Thay promise to, but...
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

With just dh and myself by ourselves at Christmas, I quit decorations..... This year I am thinking about starting up again because I miss it so much.