Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the status...?

What's the status...?

How are you doing on your Christmas preps? Here's my status:

Cards - addressed, just need to affix stamps. Cards to Europe sent yesterday

Packages - mailed yesterday to out of town relatives

Newsletter - written, typed, need to copy and add to cards

Decorating - Done, need to take all boxes down to the basement

Shopping - Done

Wrapping - Done, except for the 4 gifts on order

Cooking - Menus done for Christmas Eve and Day. Need to order seafood, grocery shop and cook

Baking - Fruitcake done, need to do several batches of cookies

Entertainment - been watching Christmas movies and listening to CD's. No special events to attend this year

How are you doing? I think it helps to recognize how much you've gotten done.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

How are you doing on your Christmas preps? Here's my status:

Cards - are addressed and ready to go to the post office

Packages - addressed and ready to go

Newsletter - we don't do this in England, well I don't..

Decorating - Done, and everything put away ready and waiting for taking down

Shopping - Done, all sorted

Wrapping - Got a few to wrap

Cooking - Totally CBA with Christmas Dinner so we're ordering a Chinese instead...:P

Baking - Haven't done anything yet

Entertainment - been watching Christmas movies, no plans for anything right now
    Merry Christmas to all...

You seem to be in good shape Tink. I like to get almost everything done by the 10th so I can just relax and enjoy (and cook!) Bought my stamps today and picked up some ingredients for cookies.

I don't have to do all those things you ladies do, thank goodness. I order gifts online, which I am almost finished buying, have them sent to my sisters, then I will wrap them after we go up there. She even offered to wrap them but she is very busy and has her own presents to wrap, so not sure if I will take her up on it

Presents not yet packed
    Decoration is up
    Mood is excellent
    Cards not yet delivered
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Cards - about half done

Packages - none put together yet!

Decorating - Done, except our Real Tree we won't get until the 13th!

Shopping -about 3/4 done - still need a few gifts.

Wrapping - NONE wrapped yet!

Cooking - I'm not hosting so it's just breakfast Xmas morning and roast that evening (easy peasy!)

Baking - Want to get this done before Xmas party, we'll see...

Entertainment - I've watched a few movies (Family Stone, Love Actually) and been listening to some music - but it'll really kick off after we get back from NYC

I'm off to visit the Rockefeller Tree tomorrow thru Sunday - so excited as it's been two years since last I was in NYC for Xmas! I miss it's festiveness - really going to get me into the Jolly Christmas Spirit (not that I'm not already).
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Chantelle - have a great time in NYC. The last time I was there at Christmas time was 7 or 8 years ago- to see the tree and go to the Christmas Spectacular - and I only live 20 miles away!!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Chantelle - have a great time in NYC. The last time I was there at Christmas time was 7 or 8 years ago- to see the tree and go to the Christmas Spectacular - and I only live 20 miles away!!
    We're not seeing Rockettes this year - we're going to see the Grinch Musical! This will be Xmas musical #3 for me (Elf & A Christmas Story) in NYC!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    We're not seeing Rockettes this year - we're going to see the Grinch Musical! This will be Xmas musical #3 for me (Elf & A Christmas Story) in NYC!
    Bet that will be fun! The Christmas Spectacular is great, but really can only enjoy t if you don't see it too often!

Okay- update:

Cards - ready to be mailed tomorrow

Newsletter - Done

Packages - Done - sent and received

Decorating - Done, boxes put away

Shopping - Done

Wrapping - Still waiting for those 4 gifts I ordered to arrive, otherwise done

Cooking - won't start this until the 23rd, but have started to buy non-perishable items

Baking - Fruitcake and one batch of cookies done