Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Color-themed Trees

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Honestly...even if a Christmas tree is comprised of colors I would never choose...it's STILL a beautiful sight!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Well every year my main tree is done in the same fashion. Clear lights, white garland, white angel topper and silver strands of beads. The ornaments are anything and eveything - in all colors- and range from antiques, collectables, souvenirs, sets, handmade, etc. - about 1000 in all! The white lights really emphasize my ornaments!

This year I am adding a white tabletop tree. It is pre-lit with clear lights, but I am also adding purple lights to the trunk. I've also purchased very inexpensive glittery purple star and drop ornaments as well as some purple glass balls. The rest of the tree will be decorated with The Hallmark Madame Alexander doll ornaments. I have all of them, 3 different series, about 28(?) dolls in all. I will also use silver bead strands. I am still debating the topper. I have a small collection of actual Madame Alexander dolls, so I may use one as the topper!

Several years back, I had another white tabletop tree that I decorated in blue - blue poinsettia sprigs, blue finial topper, metallic blue strands of beads, and small blue ornaments. I cannot find this tree anywhere. I think it got accidentally thrown out.

My daughters each have small 18" trees for their bedrooms that they decorate with mini ornaments.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Sounds wonderful Ornamentmaven ......

I used to try to do a different theme each year (both colour and subject)...

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Well every year my main tree is done in the same fashion. Clear lights, white garland, white angel topper and silver strands of beads. The ornaments are anything and eveything - in all colors- and range from antiques, collectables, souvenirs, sets, handmade, etc. - about 1000 in all! The white lights really emphasize my ornaments!
    Can you tell us how tall this tree is? Do you live in a large house?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Can you tell us how tall this tree is? Do you live in a large house?
    My tree is only 7.5 feet tall and is relatively slender at that! It is extremely overloaded with ornaments. I do decorate all sides of the tree - even those that can't readily be seen. When I used to have a real tree it was always much fuller and taller - about ten feet. I have a cathedral ceiling and we would always set it up at the highest point in the room. My house is actually quite small! I prefer the artificial trees because the branches are stronger and hold heavier ornaments without slipping. This year I am moving a number of ornaments to the other trees. I may also scale back a bit on the ornaments, but can't imagine not putting them all up! Hence the name - ornamentmaven
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    My tree is only 7.5 feet tall and is relatively slender at that! It is extremely overloaded with ornaments. I do decorate all sides of the tree - even those that can't readily be seen. When I used to have a real tree it was always much fuller and taller - about ten feet. I have a cathedral ceiling and we would always set it up at the highest point in the room. My house is actually quite small! I prefer the artificial trees because the branches are stronger and hold heavier ornaments without slipping. This year I am moving a number of ornaments to the other trees. I may also scale back a bit on the ornaments, but can't imagine not putting them all up! Hence the name - ornamentmaven
    Oh, those cathedral ceilings are beautiful! I only had my 7.5 tree for three years.