Thread: One outlet - outside decorations - HELP!

Hybrid View

:tree: One outlet - outside decorations - HELP!

Hello-

I live in a house where we only have one outlet in the front of the house which is located in the garage. We also have another in the back of the house. We're able to decorate the actual house and add a few things in the front yard. I'm a fan of having LOTS of decorations - I want my house to look like a winter wonderland as much as possible. While they're very cool, I don't use the air-blown yard decorations because I like more of a "classic/vintage" decoration for the most part (such as: grapevine or blow-molds).

To make a long post short, I'm trying to think of ideas of how I can spruce up the trees and large yard without having to tap into that outlet. Are there any suggestions?

FYI: I don't use LED lights at all. If I use ANY- they're in "warm white". The "cool white" looks like TRON to me and the blue in the multicolored strands look too much like royal blue while I prefer the turquoise-type color in the incandescent lights.

Thanks!
    Little Miss Christmas

Welcome, Little Miss Christmas!

Garlands, wreaths and bows are what I think of first.

Colored bulbs in your outdoor light fixtures.

And you can get little trees that you poke in the ground that have battery operated lights. The red lights are showing here, but the clear lights are covered with snow.

My wreath has shatterproof ornaments:

Here's a decorated pinecone:

Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 10-10-2011 at 06:29 AM.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Something like this could be wrapped with garland and red velvet bows:

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Depending on the layout of your yard, you could buy some inexpensive unbreakable ornaments and hang them on the trees.

Thank you SO much for the warm welcome Marshmallow World and JollyElfDC -- AND for your suggestions!

I'm going to look into it now about the shatterproof ornaments to hang from the trees and the temporary lit trees to stick in the yard. That sounds like a great idea! Do they have stakes to stick into the ground? It always seems to get really windy where I live. I had a Minnie and a Polar Bear in my yard last year that I got from K-Mart and I had to keep picking them up every morning.

The front of my yard is sort of like MW's first posted photo, big and pretty flat. But I do have some big trees I could hang items from.

I will also add the lights to my outdoor fixtures. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissChristmas View Post
    Thank you SO much for the warm welcome Marshmallow World and JollyElfDC -- AND for your suggestions!

I'm going to look into it now about the shatterproof ornaments to hang from the trees and the temporary lit trees to stick in the yard. That sounds like a great idea! Do they have stakes to stick into the ground? It always seems to get really windy where I live. I had a Minnie and a Polar Bear in my yard last year that I got from K-Mart and I had to keep picking them up every morning.

The front of my yard is sort of like MW's first posted photo, big and pretty flat. But I do have some big trees I could hang items from.

I will also add the lights to my outdoor fixtures. Thanks again!

Wind is a definite problem in my yard! I have given up on almost everything. Last year, out of fear, I brought my little trees into the garage. This year, I'd better leave them out and test the wind. How else will I know if they can survive windy weather?

The stake that goes into the ground is like this:

The tree goes into this little square hole: