Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do, career-wise?

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I am grateful to my dad, though. He spent 30+ years in that capacity. It was a union job. We had full benefits and he was able to provide for his family while my mom stayed home and took care of us. Nowadays, single incomes don't get it done. My wife and I both have to work, and it's barely enough!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I am student on teachers college for preschool education
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

I actually took an early retirement about 4 years ago. I was a Human Resources Director for a local bank. I then helped my husband with his company. I have diabetes and lost part of my foot last year due to a severe infection. Now I'm on long-term disability.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I actually took an early retirement about 4 years ago. I was a Human Resources Director for a local bank. I then helped my husband with his company. I have diabetes and lost part of my foot last year due to a severe infection. Now I'm on long-term disability.
    I'm sorry for that Ornamentmaven. My dad had diabetes and his kidneys failed due to that. It's a pain. I hope you handle it well my friend

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    I'm sorry for that Ornamentmaven. My dad had diabetes and his kidneys failed due to that. It's a pain. I hope you handle it well my friend
    Thanks!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

well, I am in my final year of high school, and when I leave, I plan on r going to college to study Games Design
    ~Michael

I've studied photography and shoot mostly weddings and baptisms. It's the kind of photography I detest. I've always liked portrait photography and that's what my portfolio is based on. But now with digital photography it's less about being good and mostly about manipulating photos on the computer.
    Anyway I live in a small place and it's not a full time job, so I also work at a jewellery shop close to an ancient site and deal with tourists from around the world daily. It's fun but I have to stand on my feet for long hours. Plus since english wasn't enough I had to learn a few french and italian too.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I work as a financial administrative assistant for a bank, next to that I am working hard to obtain my bachelor degree in Communications(I have an associates degree in Marketing & Communications) and I go to school 2 evenings a week and on Saturday.

Currently I am looking for a job that is more of a match with my education. But the financial crisis is felt here as well and it's hard to find something.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Thanks, we take things as they come...the good days and bad days.

But mostly 'we laugh in the face of danger'..... Keeps us young..
    How is the business there? I know a few stevedore industries that have become victim to the loss of work.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    I've studied photography and shoot mostly weddings and baptisms. It's the kind of photography I detest. I've always liked portrait photography and that's what my portfolio is based on. But now with digital photography it's less about being good and mostly about manipulating photos on the computer.
    Anyway I live in a small place and it's not a full time job, so I also work at a jewellery shop close to an ancient site and deal with tourists from around the world daily. It's fun but I have to stand on my feet for long hours. Plus since english wasn't enough I had to learn a few french and italian too.
    I love digital, but I think it has really hurt artistic creativity. With film, you were forced to be more creative and artistic with composition/angle/lighting/theme. With digital, it is so easy to filter the photo or change the lighting.

I think it has hurt the artistic side of it.