Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: What do you do, career-wise?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    150

    What do you do, career-wise?

    I am still in school, but once it is over I hope to get a degree in social science and become a social worker or a sociologist. I hope to go to America in the future (in the heart of the multi-billion dollar drug war) and tell these young, innocent kids that they don't help to sell drugs on the corner or live in a fear... That there is a way out of it. Considering how problematic the school system is, though, I'd probably get nowhere....

    You?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire uk
    Posts
    23,788
    I'm a mum who stays home and looks after my hubby who is not well.
    Also have two teenagers at home who go to college.
    Merry Christmas to all...




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    150
    Cool. What's wrong with your husband? Hopefully it is nothing too serious.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire uk
    Posts
    23,788
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWire View Post
    Cool. What's wrong with your husband? Hopefully it is nothing too serious.
    He has Arthritis bad, from being a stevedore,he will get worse unfortunately but we have too

    live with that.
    Merry Christmas to all...




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    150
    That's terrible. Sorry to hear about that.

    I know a few people who are stevedores - definitely a strenuous, gutsy job.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire uk
    Posts
    23,788
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWire View Post
    That's terrible. Sorry to hear about that.

    I know a few people who are stevedores - definitely a strenuous, gutsy job.
    Thanks, we take things as they come...the good days and bad days.

    But mostly 'we laugh in the face of danger'..... Keeps us young..
    Merry Christmas to all...




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    4,369
    First of all, what is a "stevedore"? Second, I'm sorry to hear he struggles with arthritis. Third, I am in sales. I work for a company that provides temp staffing to light industrial companies.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire uk
    Posts
    23,788
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    First of all, what is a "stevedore"? Second, I'm sorry to hear he struggles with arthritis. Third, I am in sales. I work for a company that provides temp staffing to light industrial companies.
    Hi Mike, a stevedore is someone who loads and unloads ships. Also call them dockers,
    Hubbie used too drive the cranes too.
    Merry Christmas to all...




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    4,369
    Ah...my dad is a retired dockman for a trucking company. He loaded and unloaded trucks his whole life. He's retired now, but his body is pretty much a wreck. Every time he moves, he groans with aches and pains. Harsh work.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire uk
    Posts
    23,788
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Ah...my dad is a retired dockman for a trucking company. He loaded and unloaded trucks his whole life. He's retired now, but his body is pretty much a wreck. Every time he moves, he groans with aches and pains. Harsh work.
    Sounds like my hubbie and he's only 47, it began with him at 31...definitely very hard work.
    Merry Christmas to all...




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About ATC

    ATC "AllThingsChristmas" is a Forum Devoted to everything about Christmas, please enjoy our Forum & feel free to chat about the greatest day of the year.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr