Thread: Christmas Ropes

Christmas Ropes

I saw them today for $15 at 10 metres long. Didn't get them, though.

But, how are they? I am thinking about hanging them around the room. You own any?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWire View Post

But, how are they? I am thinking about hanging them around the room. You own any?
    They're good when you want to outline something. A little sensitive though. You might end up with half of it lit.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

We have three of them, red, green and blue...

as SilverBells says they can be a bit sensitive if bent too fair but are great for making

outlines of things with them..
    Merry Christmas to all...

How are they for just lights? I am thinking about setting them up all across the lounge-room.

So my lounge is a square room - all across near the top I am thinking about surrounding it with these rope lights because they are flexible and seem tough. Would they light up well enough like normal Christmas lights or is it just for outlining, as you said?

Also, a 10 metre rop was $15.00 -- good price?

Thanks!

How are they for just lights? I am thinking about setting them up all across the lounge-room.

So my lounge is a square room - all across near the top I am thinking about surrounding it with these rope lights because they are flexible and seem tough. Would they light up well enough like normal Christmas lights or is it just for outlining, as you said?

Also, a 10 metre rop was $15.00 -- good price?

Thanks!
    I think they'll do well to outline, but I'm not sure there be as bright as Christmas lights. I think that's dependent on the colour you will be using.

I think the price is pretty good.... Just Googled it...excellent price..
    Merry Christmas to all...

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I use rope lights around my door and window frames outside. I haven't had a problem with them not lighting (yet). I even have a couple up for Halloween right now. I will see if I have a pic.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I have them around my door and also the window.

^ They look excellent, actually. Not too bright, but bright enough. Loving the decorations, by the way.

Thanks. Last year was my first year using rope lights, and I must admit, I LOVE the clean lines and nice effect they provide. Just so you know, there are two kinds. There are (1) LED rope lights and (2) incandescent rope lights. LEDs are more expensive but use less energy. They are also a bit dimmer. Incan is cheaper and slightly brighter. I prefer incandescent...they are essentially the same bulb as mini-lights you would use on a tree.

Yeah, the ones I saw were LED. Coming to think of it, 10 metres, $15.00 -- that is a damn good deal!