Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a Christmas train?

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I have a village and a complete train. I will eventually incorporate it into my display, but with the boys being little, I just don't want anything wrecked.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I have always wanted to have an old fashioned tree with a train set, Victorian doll and a rocking horse set up in front of it. Unfortunatly I live in a high rise and don't have the space. I would love to live in an old house and decorate it all up for Halloween and Christmas.

Hi everyone!

I just found this forum and was so glad to see it. I’ve had large Christmas Train displays for many years, but nobody to really to talk about it with. I’m just now starting to set up my display for 2011. I’m starting a little early this year because I started making some major changes last January, but I had to put it up for a while for other things. I had promised to work on it this past summer outside on my back patio, but I just got too busy with my other hobbies.

I started bringing stuff in yesterday and was just overwhelmed by how much work I have to do and I’ve been kicking myself in the butt for tearing apart last years layout which was all done and just needed to be assembled.

I guess being a newbie, I can't post photo yet, but will post many photos because it’s easier to describe stuff with a photo

I have a train that goes around the Christmas tree, on the floor. Cats like to knock it over

I think having a train around the tree is SO cool looking!

My family has had trains under their trees for as long as I can remember.

My Grandfather and my dad had a 4íx8í Lionel set that ran through a tunnel behind the tree. Now I have one. Mine has evolved over the years from a porcelain train to a battery operated one and then to an electric one now.

This year Iíll have three trains running, although 2 was enough. I had a brief moment at the height of the Christmas season last year.

Our problem is that Santa piles the presents under the tree. I don't see how that would work with a train. That's why I'm hoping to include my train once the boys are grown and out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Our problem is that Santa piles the presents under the tree. I don't see how that would work with a train. That's why I'm hoping to include my train once the boys are grown and out of the house.
    That was also our problem when the kids were small, so we raised it up a little so we could still get the tree on top and put the presents around the raised section. it took up a little more room, but when the kids were real little the presents did not come out until Christmas eve anyway so it was only for one morning.

Four years ago we had out grandson with us. He could only craw at the time, but he got into everything, so I had to build a Plexiglas wall around it to keep him out of the houses,

I’m not sure if I can put a YouTube link to our 2007 Christmas video seeing as I’m a newbie, but here goes a try. In this video you can see my child proofing.

OK I guess I can’t oh well

Ok I just realized that I now have 6 posts, so Iíll try again to show what I did to keep a baby out of the tree.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCKkNRBnPH0

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Ok I just realized that I now have 6 posts, so Iíll try again to show what I did to keep a baby out of the tree.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCKkNRBnPH0
    Sleeper, all I can say is WOW! that was so cool, awesome, beautiful, etc... ok, so I said more than 'wow' lol