Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have multiple colors on your tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    I have both.One tree with white lights and two with multi-color.For several years we did red,white and green blinking/chasing.My all time favorite was back in the day when my son was little(he's 35 now) we always had a real tree with C7 clear colored twinkling lights and we would lie on the floor and marvel at the images on the ceiling created by the lights twinkling through the tree branches.
    Hey! We're talkin' ornaments here!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Hey! We're talkin' ornaments here!

Ornaments.......... why in the world would anyone use just one color of ornament that's just ludicrous.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Ornaments.......... why in the world would anyone use just one color of ornament that's just ludicrous.
    No, Papa! Ludicrous is a strong word. I know you're joking. We have 2 members (at least) who have all crystal ornaments. But I remember your colorful trees! So let's all expand our horizons. One person wants serentity, another wants carnival.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    No, Papa! Ludicrous is a strong word. I know you're joking. We have 2 members (at least) who have all crystal ornaments. But I remember your colorful trees! So let's all expand our horizons. One person wants serentity, another wants carnival.

MW my friend of course I was joking.You must agree however that crystal ornament tree's such as my Dear Friend Tink's exhibit subtle hints of all the colors in the rainbow when light plays on their many facets.

I assure you I can deeply appreciate the talent's of people like Crazy Mike and Tink.Their trees are some of the most elegant I have ever seen.My horizons are quite expansive my preferences sadly like my mind are quite narrow.
    Last edited by Papa_Christmas; 10-05-2011 at 10:18 PM.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

MW my friend of course I was joking.You must agree however that crystal ornament tree's such as my Dear Friend Tink's exhibit subtle hints of all the colors in the rainbow when light plays on their many facets.

I assure you I can deeply appreciate the talent's of people like Crazy Mike and Tink.Their trees are some of the most elegant I have ever seen.My horizons are quite expansive my preferences sadly like my mind are quite narrow.

Your mind ain't narrow! No way!!! You silly wabbit!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I probably have the most ghetto tree around! Our mix of ornaments vary from ones I made as a kid, to Hallmark ornaments, to cheap plastic balls, to candy canes. I use all sizes of multi lights. Our tree would never win any awards, but we're proud of it, and we all love it!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I probably have the most ghetto tree around! Our mix of ornaments vary from ones I made as a kid, to Hallmark ornaments, to cheap plastic balls, to candy canes. I use all sizes of multi lights. Our tree would never win any awards, but we're proud of it, and we all love it!!
    Thats all that counts!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I'm not a competetive person. My tree only has to meet my standards. Christmas is the time to be happy and to show our love and kindness. If we're around grumpy people, we don't have to behave like they do. So if you have a tree, decorate it the way you like it, and if you don't have a tree, well...celebrate without one. The first year we were married we had a honeycomb paper tree and no ornaments.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

We have Balsam Hill Christmas trees since last year and I don't have any plan of buying new tree since the economy is really bad these days. Anyway, no one can tell if the tree is already one year old since it was kept in the stock room and it still looks great. anyway, for the color combinations of the christmas balls, i prefer the gold, silver, green and red.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    That's a solid color combination.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!