Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have multiple colors on your tree?

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I prefer multi-colors, lots of lights, and a wide variety of ornaments that represent many different things from the past. To be honest...trees that appear too "perfect" or monochromatic make me think of grandmas or trees that you see in businesses. In my opinion, they lack a certain "personality" that I like to associate with the season. I realize many of you have trees like that, and I appreciate their beauty. It's just not my style.
    I love different styles of trees. One of the prettiest ones I ever did(IMO) was this one:

I added silver bells to our guest room tree:

That tree has no color scheme, but there's a lot of mica.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I'm not the kind of person to use all white lights. Ever since I was a boy, I just thought all white lights were not "Christmassy" enough. I always thought white lights could go on anything...like a deck rail in the middle of summer. Perhaps that is why I've always preferred multi-colored. I just associate multi with the holiday. Beautiful tree though. If you asked me about using flower garland, I would say absolutely not. BUT...as it turns out, it truly draws the eye, and I find it quite appealing!! Probably a touch too "fancy" for my house though. We're a blue-collar family with the shiny gold garland (for about $.99 cents) to prove it.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Oh yes MW, I have that same ornament in pink!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

When I was a kid in the 70's. My grandparents had a white artificial tree and they used one of those fancy spinning color wheels next to it to make it change colors. Now THAT was definitely a sign of the times. Ironically, they are making a bit of a comeback with people who, like me, have those memories and want to bring them back.

Did they have a white tree Mike, or was it an aluminum tree? I remember the color wheel with the alum. trees in the 1960's
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Did they have a white tree Mike, or was it an aluminum tree? I remember the color wheel with the alum. trees in the 1960's
    Not sure now. Could have been now that you mention it. I wish they still had it, and I could get my hands on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    When I was a kid in the 70's. My grandparents had a white artificial tree and they used one of those fancy spinning color wheels next to it to make it change colors. Now THAT was definitely a sign of the times. Ironically, they are making a bit of a comeback with people who, like me, have those memories and want to bring them back.
    My grandparents had an aluminum tree with the color wheel.

Absolutely. Always keep it with multiple colours. When I put up the diverse light colouring, too, the reflections and brightness looks very nice. I can't imagine a Christmas tree being the one colour - too ponderous and mundane for my liking.

I have both.One tree with white lights and two with multi-color.For several years we did red,white and green blinking/chasing.My all time favorite was back in the day when my son was little(he's 35 now) we always had a real tree with C7 clear colored twinkling lights and we would lie on the floor and marvel at the images on the ceiling created by the lights twinkling through the tree branches.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)